Naruto: Path to Jidai
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeJidai IntroRegisterLog in
+ - No Main Story Event - +
+ - Dragonball Z X Naruto Jidai - +
+ -The Ending Goal: 10,000 / 250,000 MF - +
Jidai Site Update: v3.0.1 - +

Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

Occupation[s] : Crafter of Chakra-infused items (weapons and items), fisherman
Post[s] : 2035

Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)  Empty
PostSubject: Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)    Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)  EmptyWed Jul 11 2018, 23:19

Shao and his squad would return in a matter of a few days. While they had indeed done their share around the village and helped Suna off, the view of sand was not the most pleasant. Still it was a valuable experience to see how Suna lived and how their villages got along.

Besides of an odd suspicion of one of Suna's SHinobi-- Rao who somehow learned the Multi-Shadow Clone Jutsu technique, one that was known only to the leaf village as a forbidden jutsu, it was a pleasant stay all the same.

For the time being, Shao took a moment outside the compound of Suna. They saw their share of both beauties and dangers of the desert. THe beautiful sunsets, the catacombs that ran under the dunes, the far views--- including the monstrous scorpions and mirages that played tricks on the mind. Shao certainly got a grand amount of experience in this desert, even as it was a little too warm for him.

Even now, he was among the cliffs of Suna, observing the sunset as it began to dip below the sky and start to dye the sky a vermillion color.

Shao was out there, observing the mirages and trying to develop his resistance over genjutsu. A training regiment he grown accustomed to here in Suna...
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)    Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)  EmptyWed Jul 11 2018, 23:40

SOmewhere mid way, his mind wandered to allow himself to adjust to the mirages that the sand and desert caused-- but as the sun set, the mirages wouldn't last long as it would only be caused by the exessive desert heat.

A sigh escaped Shao as he soon relaxed and let himself lie back a bit with his hands behind to prop him up. "Ugh... what a day..." he said as he looked out at the horizon. "I guess i should turn in soon."

He soon began to rise up but just as the sun was about to dip-- he saw something just to the north.

It had to be a mirage-- as it was an odd thing. Something seemed to rise out of the desert's sands. A large beast that was as big as a dune. Black markings showned on it as it rose up-- appearing to be some odd, gigantic raccoon dog. It gave a silent howl into the air-- before it faded from view, as if it didn't even exist.

Shao blinked-- for a moment, worried he was seeing things. He turned on his Byakkugan instinctively to see, but it was too late. It happened too fast for him to make heads or tails of it. He blinked as he looked towards the spot at full zoom of his eyes. Still all he saw was sand and the wind that blew bits of it around.

"What the heck was that...?" he said to himself, puzzled if it was a mirage or not.

A part of him knew he was tired and it was time to return back... but now he was curious. He wanted to know what that thing was. "Screw it..." he grumbled to himself. Out of character of him, he jumped off the cliff towards the sand below. He then hopped off the cliff side and sprinted to the spot where he spotted the sandy raccoon dog mirage...
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)    Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)  EmptyMon Jul 16 2018, 10:22

Shao's sprint through the desert was not that bad, as he kept in view of the cliffs of Suna. He probably should of gone with others. He could have gotten Yasha sensei or even Kyle to go with him to keep an eye out for him. Still, Shao didn't think it would be so long or so far to inspect a certain place. He easily hopped from dune to dune, skidding against the sands till he got closer. The sun had setted well now, the heat a distant memory that even Shao's usual jacket felt comfortable as the air became more chilly. The clouds that covered the desert created shadows from the stars and moon that hung above the desert. It was one boon to the desert. The sky was beautiful when not eclipsed by the lights of the sand village.

Though dark, Shao could see all easily. Even though it was not ideal for the Byakkugan to see in the dark, he could just see with the clarity he needed. He slowly approached the area and stopped with a bound in the spot he saw the mirage-- or so he hoped.

The giant racoon dog with sealing symbols on it was indeed an incredible creature. He was curious about it. Still as he looked around, there was no trace of it. No prints in the sand, no shift among the sand itself. Nothing.

If it had been a mirage, it was a big one-- but Shao was sharp with his mind. He wouldn't have hallucinated. Yes-- the sun played tricks on the mind via warping light with the heat, but the shape was distinctive. Even Shao's eyes wouldn't be fooled by such an in-depth mirage. Even if it was a mirage, it was not one of the mind. At least some form of chakra or power would of created it.

After looking around with his BYakkugan, Shao stopped, puzzled. "Could I really have imagined it...?" he asked himself, feeling silly that he came out there alone...
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)    Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)  EmptyMon Jul 16 2018, 11:13

Shao tried to sense something. He had honed his sensory skills to detect anything. Not even a speck of chakra that would stand out beyond a small animal in the desert. A sigh escaped Shao. "I guess it really was just a mirage..." Shao said as he rubbed a hand against his neck. "I keep forgetting how the mirages can look so realist---"

His next step prooved fatal as his foot gave way and was quickly buried into the sand. A cry escaped him as he felt his foot sink into the sand-- as if the sturdiness of it gave way. It was a dry sand pit-- a collection of sand that had become lose from a displacement of mass under the ground. His other foot soon began to sink in and was beginning to sink in up to his knees. "D-damnit!" Shao shouted, realizing he should had been more aware of his surroundings. He tried to pull free-- but immediately stopped. To do so would only make him sink faster. Now the sand began to pull into him-- like a sandlion hole.

A nervous sweat came from his brow as he fought to think. "I can't call for help... and if I pull free I'd only sink faster...." he said, and thought for a solution. Only one came to mind-- The Rotation. If he could make a strong enough movement, he could push the sand away just enough for him to slip loose.

It was his only hope. He twisted his body slightly and then built up his chakra as strong as he could. "Eight Trigrams--- ROTATION!" He shouted and threw his body into the opposite direction. The rotation took off and spun wildly with his momentum. It was brief the sand was soon pushed aside by the counter move of the spinning.

.... but it was for naut as Shao's foot was only freed for a moment-- and the sand moved back in as quickly as hit had gathered. He soon fell in deeper-- the Rotation had only moved the sand away to open up the void where he was slipping into.

"NO!!" Shao cried as he was now stuck up to his hips and sinking faster. The sand began to recoil in. It now climbed up his chest to his shoulders. He quickly took a deep breath-- the sand now pulling him down deeper till it reached his head.

With all his might he reached his hands together to form a hand sign....

... and the sand soon enclosed him, sucking him under the desert...
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)    Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)  EmptyMon Jul 16 2018, 12:05

The sand was suffocating, and he would of died if he didn't hold his breath. But that one hand sign was just what he needed. The darkness of the earth was around him... and in that brief moment of desperate life, Shao struck.

SKRREEEEE! The cackle of electricity ignited around his hand-- allowing him to cut down out from the sand that encased him.

A sudden crack opened up from the sand-- opening out to where the empty space had caused the dry sand trap. Like a dam, the sand burst free and poured out. Shao was quickly swept up in the flow, tossed down to the dark ground. He coughed as he spat out some sand from his mouth.

The lightning style saved him. He used it to slice through the earth... or rather the sand below to make an opening and let him free. But now he was not outside...

Shao slowly got to his senses and looked around with his Byakkugan. He was in an odd cave with sands that lighlty poured down from the ceiling and holes in the cave. It looked like a natural cavern, or perhaps something dug out by a large animal.

Slowly, SHao stood up and brushed the sand off his clothing. "Where... am i?" Shao asked himself, using his Byakkugan to see down the tunnels and through the walls. He could tell the structure was worn. If he wasn't too careful, more sand openings could appear and he would be burried in the tunnels. It was doubltful his level of Raiton would punch a hole right up to the surface. Still, the cave had to open up somewhere.

It was then he felt it. A gust of air against the back of his neck. Slight and almost non-existant but he turned. The wind came down the tunnel behind him-- and that was a good sign. If air moved through the cavern, it was likely coming from somewhere outside.

Without a second thought, he began to follow the fresh air current down the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)    Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)  EmptyMon Jul 16 2018, 12:26

A half hour had passed since Shao had ventured down the winding tunnels of the caves. It was baffling how he could be under a network of caves where the desert was. He must of been at least 50 meters below the surface. He felt a bit worried, wondering if he just was going around in circles or there was no true exit-- but the wind assured him that the exit was possible.

ANd the more he thought, the more he understood it had to have a way out. These tunnels would be useful for any shinobi to use to get around under the cover of the sand. If nothing else, he could find sand ninja somewhere.

What baffled him was with his Byakkugan, he could see beyond the physical state of the darkness and behind walls. The tunnels wound around the entire desert-- but not a soul in sight.

He bit his lip, a little worried. He couldn't find a way out with his eyes... unless.

He stopped, a bit of sweat slipping from his brow. "No... could it be a Genjutsu?" he thought aloud, looking around. He focused his eyes a bit more-- using the chakra to dispell any real illusions. His vision fluxuated a bit-- but there was no immediate change.

Though a mix of emotion, he did feel relieved. And he did need to remember... even his Doujutsu had limits in range. Just because he didn't see an exit, didn't mean one didn't exist.

Then he heard it. A sound...

Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)    Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)  EmptyMon Jul 16 2018, 23:53

Shao spun around, the sound coming from behind him. At first, he thought it could have been a further collapse of sand from the tunnels above-- but his hearing made it clear. Footsteps that came up behind him. Alert, he turned and took a fighting stance, his palms extended. "Who is there!?" Shao called out in a demanding tone. What fear shao had, he quickly buried it to fight whomever would be an attacker inside these caves. "Show yourself!"

The sounds came closer and closer, the shadow of a person approaching. SHao sharpened his Byakkugan to see the stranger...

... and he appeared to his vision as a simple man dressed in monk robes. He had a series of prayer beads around his neck and some around his arm-- his robes a light shade of yellow like the sand around him. He was bald and had a distinguished appearance. He stopped, his eyes softened to the Hyuuga before him. "Oh, my..." he said softly, somewhat confused. "Didn't think a child would be wandering around the everwind caverns this time of night."

Shao didn't let his guard down too soon, aware how enemies were never what they appeared. Still, the monk tilted his head in confusion, not aware that the boy had come from. "Did you fall from the surface?" he asked.

"...Yes," Shao said but still kept his palms up.

"Dear child, " the monk said kindly, "YOu need not be so on guard. I know these caverns can be scary and winding, but fear not. These halls are part of an ancient temple that my clan safeguard. If you want, I can show you the way out."

Shao blinked for a moment, then loweres his arms. He realized he had behaved brashly and quickly bowed to him. "i'm sorry, sir... Thank you. I would most appreciate that," he said.

The monk smiled kindly as he approached. He raised a hand and gently patted Shao on the shoulder. "It is my pleasure, young man. Now please, follow me."
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)    Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)  EmptyTue Jul 17 2018, 00:27

Shao followed the monk through the tunnels, going now in an uphill slant. The sands continued to shift around their feet and down from the holes in the tunnels. "You are lucky I was around. These halls honeycomb through out Suna and the deserts to the south," he said as he walked along, his back to Shao calmly.

Shao felt content enough to relax and save his chakra from his Byakkugan. Shao looked to the monk, and studied his features. It was clear this guy was from Suna himself. After he remembered Reo, he brought his attention to him. "You're from the Gojisou clan, aren't you?" he asked.

A chuckle came from the monk. "Why, yes I am," he said and glanced back at Shao. "I take it you heard of us?"

"Not exactly," SHao replied, "I met one of your clan. Reo i believe his name is... He seemed, ambitious for a monk..."

A laugh bellowed forth from the monk as they trecked on, as if Shao had cracked a hilarious joke the monk had not heard in a long time. "Ahaha... Oh, yes I know of Reo. He is a good kid but has the drive to serve his village more than our dedications to enlightenment." he admitted.

Shao smirked-- as he saw that ambitous streak as it encouraged him to somehow learn a jutsu akin to the Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu. "So, um what is this place?" Shao asked as they neared an empty chamber.

"You will see soon enough," the monk said and stopped short of the cavern. "Take a look"

Weary, but on guard, Shao looked inside-- but what he found was pretty impressive.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)    Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)  EmptyTue Jul 17 2018, 09:57

The inside was a large stone room-- with skylights that opened up to the night sky. Inside the chamber was a series of clay statues-- made in images of the monks before. Some didn't even look like monks however, but other shinobi from the sand village. SHao looked around slowly, seeing how they were all in a spiral of a circle.

Most standing out among them was a massive statue in front of them in the back of the chamber, that towered over the others. It was of a large, round creature with markings on it. It was then that Shao gasped-- and realized it. It was the same creature that the mirage was in the desert.

"What is this place?" Shao asked, curious to the nature of the room.

"This is the temple of Ichibi-- the one tail beast. I trust you know the legends of the tailed beasts," the monk said. "Many of my clan had offered to be the hosts of it in the long past-- along with ninja of our village who rose up to become kage. This room is meant to honor them-- for offering their lives to be vessils as jinchuriki for the one tails. It was a blessing and a curse at times, but those times are long gone. No one has seen the 1 tails in a while."

SHao looked at the creature, mesmerized by it. "What became of it?" he asked.

The monk shrugged. "No one knows. It is probably living peacefully in the lands, but before it was a spirit of ill omen." he explained, "THis place is now a place to honor it, and the jinchuriki that came before it. It has a special chakra that helps enhance the power of fuuton for those who visit here."
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)    Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)  EmptyTue Jul 17 2018, 10:09

Shao took a moment to look up at the statue of the Ichibi. It did look oddly appealing to him. Perhaps he could respect a legendary animal like the tailed beasts. Even then, without his Byakkugan, he oculd sense the chakra nature of this place. Even though it was almost completley underground, he could feel the wind that spiraled out from the statues.

He closed his eyes and gave a bow to the beast statue, as well as to the collection of statues of its previous Jinchuriki. He even recognized a few of the Kaze Kage-- and paid his respects to them, regardless of the past.

As he finished, he felt his own chakra seem to respond. A blessing from the one tail perhaps-- to say thank you for paying his respect to it. It was as if his own chakra grew stronger as he felt a rush of air around him briefly.

As the sensation died, he turned to the monk. "Thanks... Um, so is this the way out?" He asked.

The monk gave a kind smile and approached him. "Yes, child," he said and placed a hand on his back to gently guide him. "I'll take you back to the village. "

A stairway was in the side of the chamber, and it spiraled right up to a stone temple half buried in sand. With the older monk's guide, Shao was led right into Iwa, where he met other sand ninja that greeted them-- and Kyle and Mari and Yasha Sensei who were worried where he went.

(QUest COmplete)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)    Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Wailing Winds of Sand (Shrine of the Ichibi quest)
Page 1 of 1