Naruto: Path to Jidai
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeJidai IntroRegisterLog in
+ - No Main Story Event - +
+ - Dragonball Z X Naruto Jidai - +
+ -The Ending Goal: 10,000 / 250,000 MF - +
Jidai Site Update: v3.0.1 - +

Combat Questions

Go down 
+3
Omnicron
ViciousWulf
SatoshiHeise
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SatoshiHeise
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin

Post[s] : 1645

Ninja Profile

Combat Questions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 15:22

Your point in that last post was clearly made lol. In a sense I guess your talking about the Zabuza Vs Naruto and Sasuke sense of things. Clearly Zabuza should win... But the dice gods weren't with him that day at all.
Back to top Go down
Raijoku
Guru
Guru
Raijoku

Post[s] : 1448

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 16:40

exactly, and it's in that case that fate had to happen that he lose and was brought to light that he was betrayed and had a choice to make hence he gave his life killing the man that paid and fed and housed him even though he was a midget of a prick to begin with, but power does that to people, we've all seen it happen at one point or another repeatedly. Those that don't have power that gain power don't know what to do with it and those that do abuse it, hence it's a learning curve.

Sure I may fight a new member later on or one of your new characters, and the dice may prove unfavourable towards me and I will eventually have the lower rolls a lot, but I don't worry about that at all, sure it'll suck to have my character die, but that's where I learn from my mistakes and build off of em.

Btw Blastoise uses surf lol
Back to top Go down
SatoshiHeise
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
SatoshiHeise

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 17:04

Good talk everyone...

venasaur uses razor leaf... I auto win.
Back to top Go down
Omnicron
Deity
Deity
Omnicron

Post[s] : 1158

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 17:10

You all have wonderful points so I believe I should start from the beginning with it all.

Wulf's Point -
- Yes you bring up the point of having a random number being added for +[1 - 6] Yet that could cause some issues even with that as techniques and abilities can boost both rolls as Grave stated in the previous.

- I've been watching, the on and off battle, but its like poker if you are player and you get 15 do you take that risk and hit again to get that Ace or that 6? OR do you wait and be like...I stand so that way the dealer busts?  Its the same here, your enemy rolled a 15 you had the choice do you roll believing you can go over or do you counter action to cause damage. I figured you'd actually do a counter action of getting into defense having the damage be blocked then wait to see the next action.
1 - 5 = High Chance of beating Numbers
6 - 10 = A little risk but you have techniques/abilities to get around it.
11 - 15 = I should...only If I know I can do it.
16 = 20 = The risk is too high...I should counter the person's action.

- Pokemon Note: Yes techniques did have ACC on them but used a large number of Formulas to even do battle only one formula was easy to follow, "The beeping noise that told you, Hey your about to die do have any potions or food." [Yes I fused Fable into that]

Heise's Point -
- Yes some rolls are unfair but some rolls are not meant to be unfair. Its how it should be carry examined allowing you to gain more words within the battle. [A rolls 10 | B rolls 4] = Would be able to explain about dodging or having the attack make contact. [A rolls 4 | B rolls 11] = Would be able to explain how they carefully dodged under the attack.

- But bind techniques when one is caught they cannot roll at all because they are unable to move actually. Basically if you are stuck how are you suppose to even dodge? or perform a technique if under a binding like genjutsu? So that is actually been on the site.

Grave's Point
- Yes I can see how that could be an issue with having the techniques being used in that order if we were to use a DEX formula which is why it was removed to begin with cause of how it caused issues down the road during the first Exam Battles.

Raijin's Point
- As he stated as well its the same basics to the site just cause you each train at the same times or type more in a training. Your results of training will vary. In a battle in hit/miss if you miss your attack even the fastest fighter can make contact with the body but not cause damage cause they do not hit the correct area as well. [Guy and Lee] Now Zabuza should have one like Heise's said, but they're was some other factors that have to be looked at, one on that bridge everyone was getting use to a ninja battle. But if you look at how when he was Edo Tensai. That battle was clearly a use of how you are all doing battle now. Zabuza rolls 10 Kakashi [Luck of a God/Counter Action/Takes the hit] Kakashi rolls a 9 gets hit by the blade having it slide across as he pulls haku back.

- Yes Luck is not something that should even have a added need to it. Has anyone ever heard of Phantasy Star Universe? it was an old MMORPG for PS2/360/PC this game actually used Luck but it was deemed in 3 classes, [Poor, Average, High] It only worked for one thing and that was grinding the weapons to be stronger. I borrowed the idea to allow you all to use it as a way to expand your roll playing. [Ie. Character gets extra money, "Man I didn't think I did that good today must be my lucky day." or Character gets a boost in stats, "I do not understand why...but the workout I'm doing is actually paying off this week must be the Gods."]

Hayabusa's Point -
- I remember seeing you mention something about that. But the system had been updated to a little easier one where Hand seals do not even count actions anymore. Its meant for a RP focus. You know it requires 6 hand seals, make up six of your own. But if it shows the hand seals then you need to actually state it was used within your post. Even so with the idea of having DEX - 100 [+1 to Roll] Yes a cap would have to be add that would mean another system would be added while we are trying to cut back on having too many systems. I've notice all the systems with NFM and all ideas from everyone's point of view to it all.

My Point -
- The reason my point is last because of after I've read everything I want you all to see what I mean by the use of the Dice system on the site. I have actually been watching the site since the very first release of the Naruto site. Yes that means the actual release of NFM back when it was actually, Grave, Kage and Raito. The original founders of the idea. Now the systems then did not work using an dodging or evade system, because of the fact Dice rolling wasn't added or even known within an RPG site on MSN. So you all were forced to come up with formulas repeating everything left and right making sure it was fair. But came to notice something you'd have to limit how one's stats would be reached within that matter of time. After that I noticed something called an Auto-Damage System or ADS that caused the players that had super high endurance take some kind of internal damage.

- But that was a system that was pointless to even have. The reason if you really look at it all, you are all use to using Word Count, Line Count or Post Count to obtain somethings. Old Gen RPer's look at 2k words saying easy, New Gen RPers look at 2k words saying too much. I watched when Santy, King, Raijin, Raito, Grave and even Lydeck appear before the site. Even then you all ran into issue, Raito trying to kill off all Uchiha by using NPC's that were not fair on any level. King suddenly vanishing and Santy going missing. I have even seen you Heise becoming the five tailed jinchuuriki and then you suddenly decided to fight against the NPC group that was capturing the Jinchuuriki. I even know of Kurix how a clan he claimed was designed by him but he stole from another site. Yes I watched each and everyone one of you RP sometimes you as well Wulf.

- All things have to be used within the world. You are all looking for a way to better the system. When the system does not need to be better. You all need to use everything to your advantage. As I said I am aiming to push your thinking to a whole different level. You are not just RPing writing the story now...you are the character this is your life now you are playing this role you will die you will live you will fight. You all need to look carefully at what you are all truly doing, Learning and creating techniques all fine but you are not using the systems to the limit. You are basically scratching the surface of it all. I want that imagination of a true roleplayer to come out. Even more so even adding the way you have it for the DEX.

- We can always up the system, but then sharingan would lose its own increase for rolls from being +6 to a simple +3. I'd have to close the site down even more to update everything I'm trying my hardest to keep the ideas and adding new content without having to change any details cause in the end you believe going against a Bijuu wouldn't take over 4 hours. 1st - 3rd tailed are actually the only easy ones. Anything else you go after I'm telling you now its over 1k in DEX. Meaning you will most likely die. Use everything find your own way for your shinobi/kunochi [to be fair] to survive. I explained to Grave I had a system that could top any other system that was developed using everything to my knowledge and I created this system with information from all of you.

- I'm not saying you are all disrespecting my work or anything. I'm saying look closer at everything. Use your minds eye to get pass that wall in front of you. Everything has a weakness that would mean even the hit/miss has its own weakness if you cannot see it for yourself then how can you all truly say you can design systems if you cannot simply beat something a 6 year old child did in a day? Yes I am challenging you all, I'm challenging your very skills you are all so proud of having. I see you can train you can do everything else anyone can do...but can you truly find what I want you to find and beat what is so easy to beat.

L.I.F.E System = Leaving Imagination For Everyone...that is my gift to you all. Grave couldn't beat me after I designed the system and still cannot even with what he knows. You honestly think I'm losing to you all with the NPCs I have been easy going allowing you all to get relaxed with your own techniques and abilities. Now I see you are all growing from it time to see if you truly deserve.
Back to top Go down
Raijoku
Guru
Guru
Raijoku

Post[s] : 1448

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 17:30

I'll always gladly accept a challenge, even if I die, I will do so with no regrets because I will put my best foot forward. I'll work on what you said, I'll look more deeply into everything, and it's been a while since I've opened that eye though... this should get interesting lol
Back to top Go down
ViciousWulf
Genin
Genin
ViciousWulf

Post[s] : 541

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 17:36

Combat Questions - Page 3 1389797232748"

PRAISE THE DICE GODS!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://deusthawulf.wordpress.com/
Grave Breaker
Jounin
Jounin
Grave Breaker

Occupation[s] : Enforcer
Post[s] : 2336

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 17:39

Dicism! Believe in the holy Dice as it shines gold to all those that hold it! use its heavenly power to smite those non-believers in the middle of a battle wanting to attack thy devil beast. OH Sixsus or twentyoses! may your heavenly father guide my hand and roll a 20!
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Deity
Deity
Game Master

Post[s] : 2853

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 17:39

The member 'Grave Breaker' has done the following action : Dices

'D20' : 15
Back to top Go down
http://narutojidai.narutorpg.org
SatoshiHeise
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
SatoshiHeise

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 17:40

Ahem.... I have a better shot a rolling a twenty... I'm black.
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Deity
Deity
Game Master

Post[s] : 2853

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 17:40

The member 'SatoshiHeise' has done the following action : Dices

'D20' : 8, 7, 3, 18, 19, 14, 10, 9, 10, 5, 8, 2, 14, 17, 10, 19, 14, 14, 6, 10
Back to top Go down
http://narutojidai.narutorpg.org
ViciousWulf
Genin
Genin
ViciousWulf

Post[s] : 541

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 17:49

Grave, seriously, how you be getting these 15s tho?
lol.

I can't get a 15, maybe a 14, never a 15.
Blasphemy!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://deusthawulf.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Combat Questions
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next