Naruto: Path to Jidai
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeJidai IntroRegisterLog in
+ - No Main Story Event - +
+ - Dragonball Z X Naruto Jidai - +
+ -The Ending Goal: 10,000 / 250,000 MF - +
Jidai Site Update: v3.0.1 - +

Combat Questions

Go down 
+3
Omnicron
ViciousWulf
SatoshiHeise
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Raijoku
Guru
Guru

Post[s] : 1448

Combat Questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 03:21

Blastoise uses Hydro Wave on Charmander.
Attack Hits.
Critical Damage.

LOL pokemon!
Back to top Go down
Grave Breaker
Jounin
Jounin
Grave Breaker

Occupation[s] : Enforcer
Post[s] : 2336

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 03:23

WTF...fat ass turtle has the lowest damn speed in the game and hits the target The hell Pikachu! f..u prof Oak. damn tree.

Might as well get a damn magickarp!
Back to top Go down
Raijoku
Guru
Guru
Raijoku

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 03:27

LMAO...

but any ways, back to what your saying, I agree completely because even though we all have those kind of stat booster in a way or form, it just means the person with the highest stat of Dexterity always wins, and the outcome just means the other person is screwed really unless they have good stats as well, it makes no difference in the long run but works out for those that are low leveled or stat based...
Back to top Go down
ViciousWulf
Genin
Genin
ViciousWulf

Post[s] : 541

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 06:59

First off, Fuck Mids.....-__-. Only shift where i have to go to be twice in the same day to feel rested.

Second, did anyone get Heise some chicken?

As he stated, yeah I brought it up to him as a suggestion.
I do agree though, that just because I have a higher DEX doesn't mean my attacks will always hit and my opponents will always miss.
But at the same time I feel as DEX should have some sort of influence on dice rolls. Nothing too big....
One idea I toss around in my head was that depending on how much higher your DEX compared to your opponent's you would receive a bonus.

Example:

Player A: Has a DEX of 500
Player B: Has a DEX of 300

What I was tossing around was for every 50 points (Just a random number) higher A's DEX was compared to B's; A would receive +1 to his rolls.
So that would be +4 bonus to A's Hit/Miss Rolls

I was thinking that the bonuses should be capped. Maybe at +6. Again just a random number.
Man, sometimes life and death depends on that +1 bonus lol.

Now when players of equal DEXs battle, It'll pretty much be the current system. You had better pray to the dice gods....
Which explains my current situation. Depending how this fight goes, I will probably abandon the dice gods.

Again these where just my thoughts, feelings, and opinions.
I haven't played pokemon since pokemon crystal.....wayyyyy back.
I got tired of my team of Magikarps getting merked. Honestly, if you have never raised a Magikarp to a Gyarados you haven't been playing Pokemon right.

From what I remember the individual attacks on pokemon each had their own accuracy. I can't remember if the pokemon themselves had an accuracy stat, but meh. Anyway attacks like "Scratch" had an accuracy of 100 and as long as no stat changes were involved this attack was going to hit. "Thunderbolt" I think was 75 so i wasn't too relievable. I think Pokemon uses more formulas and math than anyone cares to do.

Back to top Go down
http://deusthawulf.wordpress.com/
SatoshiHeise
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
SatoshiHeise

Post[s] : 1645

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 10:57

See we can talk with arguing... Grave I see your point but do you guys truly see mine? Again its getting to a point were we are relying to much on dumb luck for this mode of combat. I don't agree with luck I agree with numbers...

btw Grave your going to see that dex combo real soon with someone on the site
Back to top Go down
SatoshiHeise
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
SatoshiHeise

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 11:04

I realize there are no perfect ways of doing this kind of system. But there a multiple ways to get close... Thanks for the consideration team .
Back to top Go down
Hayabusa
Jounin
Jounin
Hayabusa

Post[s] : 2633

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 11:52

Sorry to intrude, but I think that the rolling advantage idea is really good. I suggested it before, never had back up. lol. A +1 per 50 pts is too steep though, but maybe every 100 should suffice. This also should exclude ninjutsu and genjutsu attacks, as the site system is based off of hand seals, rather than being directly connected o speed. Just my thought.
But, this overall idea puts into play the emphasizing of binding and slowing
Back to top Go down
SatoshiHeise
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
SatoshiHeise

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 11:55

Last thought Since Haya reminded me of binding.. Maybe binding techniques and Slowing techniques can decrease opponents rolls?

I.E say I do my super hard wood jutsu on Grave.. He loses -2 on all his rolls.

This way even so... the system would be so cluttered with luck. We have a chance to change outcomes! K i'm done.
Back to top Go down
ViciousWulf
Genin
Genin
ViciousWulf

Post[s] : 541

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 12:08

Lol my bad, Haya, I would have totally supported you. These European girls, tho....I can't say no to them.

But yeah, 50 would be a little steep. It was just the first number i could thing of 100 and over is a better range.
Back to top Go down
http://deusthawulf.wordpress.com/
Raijoku
Guru
Guru
Raijoku

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 14:50

First things first, yes, I do know how it feels raising a magikarp to lvl 100 and another to be a gyardos, sucks but when you get there you feel like a god lol.

Back to the matters at hand, that's why the rolls are there, your binding jutsu's won't always work on your opponents Heise, and Hayabusa, because it first has to make connection with the opponent, and if they had the right training in understanding or if they had a weapon of some sort to help them out it wouldn't matter, because they know how to counter it. It's kind of like Guy vs Lee, it's an even style match because they both have had the same training (I know their teacher and student, just work with it lol) and hence forward, the fight would take a long time, until the first one got tired or broke down.

I also have stated this above before as well, the dice system isn't random, or provided by "Luck" such a word is useless, luck can't feed you, luck can't find you a wife, luck can't do a damn thing for anything, it's a belief system, the dice system is basically like any other dice system, if you know how light the dice are, then you roll a heavy hand, if the dice are heavy you roll a lighter hand. I also understand that the dice system on here seems unfair but that's how fights are, sometimes the stronger person has that blind skill to get them by, while those random fights they'll get beat by a bloody genin.

So what you guys are trying to say is that just because I can boost my stats quite a bloody hell of a lot, and I were to fight Hayabusa, or Heise, or you wulf (lol wulf, why a u instead of how it's really spelled? my spirit animal is a wolf ya know -) or hell even all three of you I'd be at a huge disadvantage? even though my character has skill and understanding of fighting in wars and in uneven battles? What your all trying to say is that if we did a system similar to the one you are all talking about, even though I have the higher stats, I'd still lose if I were to fight one of you or all three of you and have a negative roll due to the fact that you'd all be trying to hither my abilities to move, and would be an all the way around bad time for me because you guys would have an higher haltered dice roll then I could attain with all your +1's and this and that.

These are my thoughts, no fights are to be made, we can all talk like civilized gents... I hope -stares at Heise-
Back to top Go down
SatoshiHeise
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
SatoshiHeise

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 15:22

Your point in that last post was clearly made lol. In a sense I guess your talking about the Zabuza Vs Naruto and Sasuke sense of things. Clearly Zabuza should win... But the dice gods weren't with him that day at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Combat Questions
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next