Naruto: Path to Jidai
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeJidai IntroRegisterLog in
+ - No Main Story Event - +
+ - Dragonball Z X Naruto Jidai - +
+ -The Ending Goal: 10,000 / 250,000 MF - +
Jidai Site Update: v3.0.1 - +

Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

Occupation[s] : Crafter of Chakra-infused items (weapons and items), fisherman
Post[s] : 2035

Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)  Empty
PostSubject: Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)    Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)  EmptyThu Jun 11 2015, 21:38

Asura continued to walk down the streets of Iwa, which felt more like a claustrophobic valley of mountains and rocks. The Hidden Rock village had become well known for being made out of the natural surroundings. Naturally, any ninja born there knew it like the backs of their hand. For Asura, it was no exception. But to an outsider, it probably would be easy to get lost in the endless maze of the village. It was a labyrinth to anyone else unless you had a way of getting around.  There were even caves that went underground. Some for public use, others well hidden for emergencies.

As for Asura, he made his way through the street and minded his own business. He was looking for something specific among all the stone buildings and stalls that were selling goods. He was in the market district of the village, and was looking for a certain building.

Lately, Asura had come up really lucky with his trips into the mountains. He had found a great deal of riches from the forgotten parts of the caves. Also, his training had paid off and his Master, Roku, had rewarded him for his hard efforts in scrolls and even special materials. He had saved it all, and now it was time he put his new riches to work. He had his old one handed Katana at his side sheathed as he looked for the shop he wanted.

Finally he found it. A strange looking building-- among the other mountain-shaped buildings. This one looked like a mini volcano. A forge of lava was on the top of the building with lava dripping off it , into a small moat around the building. The walkway into it was clear at least , design to let the runoff not obscure the entrance. The Kanji of "Steel" was present as it was the blacksmith who had come to the village. He traveled a lot to many lands and was not always around. Luckily, he was there two days out of the week, giving Asura a chance to get in an audience with him and perhaps purchase something. With a smile, he walked inside the strange rock building.

The inside was smoky, dark and with all the weapons hanging on the wall and chains about, looked like a torture chamber.  Asura hesitated a bit as he saw the inside, all the while hearing the sounds of a hammer and anvil nearby. Metal on metal and other sounds that could make one cringe if it was done to someone. Still it WAS a blacksmith shop. They didn't make weapons by magic or anything unrealistic. These people worked harder than others to be physically fit to lift and meld such metals and further to perfect the art to make them. Asura walked past several weapons. Great axes, stylized kunai, battle gauntlets, great swords. The variety was quite big for anyone interested in wielding weapons, be it a ninja or anyone.

"May I help you-- oh its just a kid!" A thick and masculine voice spoke out. Asura turned to see the smith had left the back of his shop. He moved through a brown drape cloth and entered. The man was strong, muscular and built like a mountain. He had long black hair and a short, sharp beard and mustash. He wore basic short sleeves and a smith apron with blackened ash and burns over it. He really was the 'salt of the earth' type of man. "This ain't no musuem kid! Ya ain't buying, then get the hell out of my shop."

Asura frowned at him. Clearly the man didn't think well of academy or Genin ninja. "Great customer service here," Asura replied bitterly as he approached the man with the box under his arm. "Actually, I am not a complete child and I am here to buy something. How about a little courtesy or I will take my business elsewhere, gramps!" Asura said with a singe to his words.

The man glared at Asura for a moment, seeing the anger on his face but soon stopped and raised his hands. "Okay, okay... sorry. You get so many young 'window shoppers' ya get a bit defensive. " he said. Asura put the box on the table as the man looked him over. Sure, Asura looked like a typical genin of a young age. No older than 14 at most. Still he held himself well and stood straight and firm. "What can I help you with kid?"

Still being talked down to as a child, Asura drew out his short sword with the sheath and laid it onto the table. "I am looking for a high quality sword of similar style to this." he said. The blacksmith looked at it for a moment, then opened the sword slightly to look at the blade quality.

"This?" The blacksmith said, looking back to Asura with an amused look. "Kid, I know you are a young ninja but this type of blade can't do much. Its the weakest kind there is."

Asura frowned once more. This guy really needed better customer service skills if he wanted to make a good sale. It made him wonder just how good this man was and how much business he really had.

"Let me show you something?" the blacksmith said as he gestured Asura to follow.  The man soon reached his large weapon rack and took down one of his simpler weapons. A general katana-- designed to be longer to about near a yard from handle to blade tip. He held it easily, balanced lightly with his hand. Considering his strong muscles, he made it look easy. "Eh? You see-- now THIS is a good quality sword. Sturdy, strong, powerful! This can deal far more damage and cut far more than your weapon now. Looks more like a toothpick. Or better yet--" he went to another weapon, clearly at this point boasting his own prowess to his crafts. He took down a far larger sword. A talward by the look of it, the kind that the swordsmen from the Village Hidden in the MIst used. Big as blades for big ass combat, as Asura would put it. "Learned this from the Land of Water. Telling ya, they appreciate a man's blades there."

Asura did his best not to comment to him in terms of boasting but has making a point. "As you can see," the blacksmith added and put the sword back. " A sword is based on quality as well as its size and power. A small sword is natural to only do small damage on its own. You sure you want something like that?" he asked.

With a breath to calm his own temper and the critisism the guy was giving him, Asura turned to the man. "Yes. I know what I want. In fact I am well aware those weapons are superior but its why I am here." he said and turned back to his weapon. He picked it up and held it firmly in his right hand. "I want to have a weapon like this style but I know a weapon is also as strong as two things-- the person who wields it and the materials it is made from. Am I right?" he stated.

The man scratched his beard in a bit of thought as he heard Asura's words. "Well yes true. Still a weapon of that size, if a bigger one is made of the same material, the larger one will win." he said. "Not trying to put you down, tiger, but just trying to give you an informed decision."

Drawing the sword, he twirled the blade between his fingers skillfully and took a grip of it, the blade poised away from him from the bottom of his grip. "I find the use of this sword useful for mobility and precision than just size and power." he said and flipped the sheath up into the air. Catching it again, he sheathed the sword back into it and placed it on the table. "What I want is to enhance those abilities. Think you can help me? I got some good materials that can help."
The man rubbed his chin in thought as he saw how swiftly Asura used the short katana. "Hmm... I see what you mean. Still a heavy metal might actually do you more harm than good... but still, let's see what we have."  he said.

Reaching for the box, Asura opened it up and let the BLacksmith look at it. At first, he looked at it calmly, then blinked. "Wh-- kid, where the hell you get this?" he said, picking it up. It was a small ruby. A prime gemstone. He looked at it with one eye, trying to make sure it was the real deal. "A gemstone. Kid where in the 9 hells did you find this?" he asked.

"I tend to go exploring the caves to the north of town. I sometimes come across raw ore and old valuables that people left down there. " Asura replied, of course he didn't say WHICH caves he explored. "Anyway I also got some pieces from my family and mentor to help me construct a superior weapon. So think you can help me?"

The man looked over the materials and then to Asura. "I think its a mistake, but I'll tell you what. You show me how effective you make this weapon on its own, and not only will I make you a great katana, but I'll give you a bonus to boot as well. "

Asura considered the man's offer and shrugged. "Alright. Got a place to show you?"

The blacksmith smiled and gestured to follow him. Asura followed the man behind the curtain. They passed by the forge he used, a small corner of the room, and a large anvil he used as well. The very heat from the forge made Asura sweat as he walked by it. He soon got to a door in the back of the building and opened up to a wider yard. There were training dummies of thick wood. Clearly, it was meant to test the weapons he had forged, or for hardened customers to test them and see if they were satisfactory.

As Asura still held his old sword, the Blacksmith  stood against the house and crossed his arms. "Go on. Show me how you use it," he said.

"Alright..." Asura said and drew the sword. He crouched a bit low, his sword drawn and held lightly in his right hand, and his left hand open but ready. He glared at the dummy in front of him. After a moment's pause, he sprinted forward and jumped up into the air!

Asura's style with the sword was a mix of both Kenjutsu and Taijutsu-- using the blade for added support in his melee attacks. As he soared, he flipped in the air and first delivered a kick to the dummy, but as in his flip in the air while upside down, he slashed at the front of the dummy where the stomach would be.

With his free hand, he landed on it, and twisted on its axis, spinning around for another kick and as he jumped back up, he delivered another slash down the middle. Both attacks had took less than a few seconds apart. What the sword lacked in true penetrative power like the others the blacksmith had, Asura's style of Taijutsu made up for it with quick slashes and combos that allowed the use of both Taijutsu and the blade to do more damage together than alone.

Finishing it up, Asura grabbed the arm of the dummy and in a twisting motion, slashed in the blind spot of it and slashed the sword to its neck. IN a real fight, there would be more defense and strikes wouldn't get so many easy hits in. However, even the Blacksmith couldn't deny the amount of leverage and cuts into the dummy was strengthened by the boy's melee combos.

"I see... doesn't matter if a blade is weaker if the attacks connect faster. " he admitted, scratching his beard in habit. "Well done... alright you made your point, junior."

Asura struck the sword into the ground as he turned to the man. "Any reason why you are giving me demeaning kid names?" he asked, slightly irritated and a vain on his forehead.

The Blacksmith gave out a bellowing laugh. HIs muscular frame heaved with each laugh. "Sorry, kid. Force of habit, but I'll call you a man when you become a grown ninja." he said. "Anyway, I think I know just the type of blade that might work. Come back inside. WHen it's done, we shall see how it works."

Asura followed the man back into his workshop and to the counter at the front of his store. Taking out the pieces he had and the money Asura had shown... he looked at it carefully. Asura listened as the smith went over how he could build the blade. "Alright, listen up. You seemed sold to the fact to have this kind of weapon and it does suit you well," he said as if making a point. Taking back Asura's old sword, he put it on the table. "I Can make you one and customize it to be better. But before I do let's talk about its quality. The higher the quality, the better its ability BUT the more expensive it will be."

"Money doesn't really concern me," he said as he was prepared to spend whatever it required to make his weapon choice better.

"Careful. You may come across as a rich spoiled brat," the smith joked once more. Asura was very tempted to punch the older man but knew better. So he kept his temper and let the man continue. " Anyway, there are different ways we can go about it. We can use a gold ingot and material to increase the base damage of the weapon... but you are someone who prefers speed. That wouldn't work. The weight alone would weigh you down," he said as he pushed some Gold Ingots aside.

"Hmm... I know! " he said as he quickly took out two silvery Ingots. They glowed with a strange shine to them. Almost like steel but lighter. " This is perfect. You are familiar with chakra blades?"

Asura however, could only shake his head. "I only began practicing chakra control," Asura said.

"Oh... well this is a special metal that is made specifically for ninja weapons. " he said, as he tapped the metal ingots. "Some ninja tools react to a holder's chakra and allows the blade to cut sharper or deal more damage. "

"THat sounds perfect!" Asura said, a show of excitement as he looked at the metal.

"Yeah. I can put in one steel Ingot and one of the Charium ingot. " he said, "That would increase the damage no problem. "

Asura had a thought that he stopped the Blacksmith before he could do much more. "Hold on a second. WHat would happen if you use two CHarium Ingots?" he asked.

The blacksmith blinked and looked over the ingots and the sword before him. "Well... I suppose I could. Thing is the steel is more resiliant. It wont' give easily and add more power." he replied.

"But wouldn't two of the others allow for more chakra to be used for the blade?" Asura protested.

"Yeah... sure. The Charium ingots deal damage on their own, giving the blade sharp edges. Just not as powerful as steel would," he said, then realized why Asura would be interested." BUt if you do use two, the amount of chakra you can put into a weapon is doubled. "

Asura punched his open fist with excitement. "Alright. I would want that. I know the damage wouldn't be as strong but if  and when I get my chakra to a considerable level, the amount of damage I can put into it may well make up for that lack of physical properties." he explained, sold on the idea of turning his katana to a chakra weapon. It would more serve his purposes as a shinobi.

Finally, the blacksmith got to the ruby that Asura had found. Taking it in his hand, he weighted it, then lightly bit it with his mouth to test its durability. " Now this will make your weapon come into its own. This reinforces its durability, but also increases the power of Katon jutsu." he said.

This really made Asura happy. "That is just perfect. Fire is my best talent. A worthy weapon for any Jiin," Asura commented to himself, puffing his chest out as if to impress a crowd.

The blacksmith laughed once more, this time in sincere surprise. "Ah so that explains it. Well happy to be of service to Iwa's respected Jiin clan. " he said. With that, he gathered all the materials. THe Ingot, the old sword and the ruby. "ALright, this will take some time. Come back at around 8 o clock. I'll get you your sword and trust me, it will be a work of art."

Asura gave him a bow of respect and then turned back for the street. It would be a while since he had to wait for his new weapon, but it would be Asura's first real weapon as a shinobi. Perhaps he was a bit too privlaged being among the Jiin. The gifts of Master Roku, the respect and legacy of his clan, not to mention the Kekkei Genkai and jutsu of his clan. It made some people just plain envious. However, Asura worked hard for everything. He EARNED this sword after so much training and venturing into the caves to search for minerals.

Except the skill to forge his own sword, if he could, he would make the blade on his own. However, he was grateful for a skilled crafter to be around and aid him in its creation.

Asura found himself on the rooftop of a nearby building, watching now as the sunset died the sky crimson and the night was soon to come. It wouldn't be long till he could pick up the sword. Still special work like a pro-forged sword couldn't be rushed. Asura took this time to meditate upon the rock rooftop. He felt the sun's fading warmth on his body as he took this time to make his connection to fire stronger...

"There you are, my young friend," a voice spoke.

"WHOH!!" Asura jumped to the voice. He nearly tumbled off the rooftop had he not regained his balance after a bit of waving his arms about like a fool. Regaining his balance, he turned to his right and over his shoulder to see it was none other than Master ROku. "Master Roku! Why did you have to spook me like that!?" he argued.

Roku merely smirked. "I wanted to see how you were doing. You have been gone for a while," he said. HIs master soon sat beside his young student. "DId you find the blacksmith to help you with your weapon?" he asked.

"Yeah. It should be done soon. I am just trying to be patient," Asura said as the sky soon lost its sunlight and darkness began to creep into the night.  "I am excited about it and I hope it comes out good. "

Roku patted Asura on the shoulder, glad he was so thrilled to get a more worthy weapon. When the time did come for any method of taking the academy exam-- Asura would be ready than any other. Roku was certain than that. "Mind if I come with you and see how it came out?" he asked.

Asura soon sat up and nodded at his master. "Sure. I don't mind. ALright-- patience is good but I wanna see how its going! " he stated and hopped off the roof.

Roku just laughed, knowing how patience was a still-praticed concept for the fiery willed apprentice. He soon followed Asura, keeping up with the boy's speed.

They soon arrived back at the workshop. The light was still on so Asura landed beside the door and went inside. As he and Roku entered, they looked to see the shop still empty, but noise from the back. Likely the smith working on the sword. "Hello?" Asura shouted out again, trying to get the smith's attention over the clanging of metal.

"Back here!" the smith said, shouting over the sound of clanging metal. "It's almost done! Come in!"

With that, Asura and Roku moved past the shop counter and into the forge. There was the large blacksmith, banging on now a glowing piece of metal. It was hard to tell but the metal was glowing red, clearly tempered after much effort. Knowing well he was still working, both of them remained quiet as they observed the craftsman's work. Finally, he took the glowing piece of metal with a handler and dipped it into the water. It hissed as steam wafted through the air. As it cooled, Asura could still see the glow from a part of the sword-- the ruby embedded into it.

"The metal still needs to cool, but the rough work is done, and detailed it as well. " he said, wearing goggles and soon removed them to see the two in the room. "Who is this?" he asked, regarding Roku.

"UM... he is my master. Master Roku," Asura said casually.

A sudden gulp fell from the blacksmith as he realized he addressed Roku and seeing him in his regal looking fire robes, he knew he had to give proper respect. He knelt down low on one knee. "I-I apologize, lord Roku. I am humbled to be of service to a headmaster of the Jiin," he said.

Roku merely smiled and with a gesture of his hand, told him to rise up. "THere is no need for such formality. Anyway, thank you for caring for my apprentice's sword. I hope it wasn't too much work for you." he said.

"No, sir. Any craftsmen put his heart and soul into anything he makes," he said, as he soon pulled off his smithing gloves and looked to the object. "Anyway, your apprentice did bring me some amazing items to work with, and I was happy to learn this is for a member of the Jiin clan. "

After waiting a few minutes, he took the pincers once more, and lifted the sword out onto a now cool surface so they could look at it. "Here it is..."

(Word count thus far: 3774 words)
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)    Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)  EmptyThu Jun 11 2015, 21:39

ROlling forge dice. More content to come after roll.

And the item IIIIIISSSSSS.....*rolls the dice*
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Deity
Deity
Game Master

Post[s] : 2853

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)    Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)  EmptyThu Jun 11 2015, 21:39

The member 'Enjin' has done the following action : Dice

'Forge Dice' : 7
Back to top Go down
http://narutojidai.narutorpg.org
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)    Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)  EmptyThu Jun 11 2015, 23:09

Showing source of materials

The sword was beautiful to look upon. The craftsman had did marvelous work upon it. Asura looked upon the sword, as it still glowed from the firelight of the forge. The sword glimmered with silver color, but seemed as resolute as any steel, a fine light red engraving was on the blade. At first it seemed to flicker, but it turned out to be the light paint of what was flames. Flames that lightly grazed the flat of the blade. The shape of the blade was like the one Asura had. Straight but the edge was lightly curved just slightly. The handle was a piece of work too-- red cloth wound the handle with bit of golden filigry. Not the same as the gold ingots but to bring out a shine to it. The very sword was like ruby in its color of red. Also as an added touch, Asura could see in the handle part of the sword that the smith just put on, that the end part was the engraving of the Jiin clan-- the three flame pattern crest.

"I Had to admit, I did some pretty damn good work! I hope you appreciate this, tiger!" he said in a boastful laugh as he lifted up the sword and took the sheath he had forged with it. It too was deep red and designed to fit to Asura's waist like before.

"Quit with the kid names!" Asura shouted back. It only made the man laugh as he walked over to them and handed the sword to Asura.

At first it seemed too good to be true, but after glancing at Roku and seeing his reassuring smile, Asura took the sword. He unsheathed it and brought it out slowly. What really surprised him was how light it was! The blade was clearly done, the light flame pattern on the blade and all. However, he moved it around and was baffled. "It's so light. Is it suppose to feel this way?" he asked as he moved it about, of course being sure to not carelessly cut anything.

"Yes. The Charium metal for the blade is light weight by nature, but it makes it more receptive to chakra." the man said as he watched Asura wield it. "ANd trust me, it doesn't lack any sharpness to it. The ruby is melded with the metal, making it stronger. Naturally you should see it reacted strongly with the fire. "

Asura had to admit, it felt warm to the touch, and not from the forge. It felt like the metal radiated heat, or it was his own imagination hard at work.

"Anyway, ready to give it a test?" the Blacksmith asked.

Asura held the blade and turned to him with a nod. "Yeah. Let's do it!" he said and ran for the outside of the house and back to the training area.

Outside, ROku and the blacksmith watched as Asura took the same stance as he had before. He held the new blade, it now fitting better to his grip and light on his arm. He glared at the training dummy. Though he didn't have mastery of the chakra blade-- the blade already began to glow with energy.

Asura ran and charged! In a blur of motions, Asura struck with a fist, followed by a blur and slash of his blade! The blade sliced cleanly through a part of the doll. In two more motions, the blade cut cleanly the top of the head of the dummy. He landed from his airborne strikes with the blade to his side and the parts fell to the ground with a clatter.

Roku nodded in approval. He had seen Asura's Taijutsu style before with the sword and he approved it. The Blacksmith was equally impressed. "Nicely done. Seems that sword is indeed a skilled weapon" the smith said as he approached with applause.

Asura looked at the blade, unable to believe how it felt and still struck true. "It is incredible..." Asura said as he looked it over, the moonlight reflecting its image.

Curious, Roku approached Asura as he saw the blade. "It needs a fitting name.... any ideas?"

"That I will leave to you. You did choose to make it, so I shall give you the honor. But this is a work of art, no doubt," the blacksmith added.

Asura looked at the blade, admiring the short katana or Tanto that his drive and desire had urged him to get. It was as if it was part of his soul. Simply holding it, he wished he had helped more in its creation. It urged him to be a blacksmith himself and learn the art.

"I think I will call it..." Asura said, thinking it over. Then it hit him. THe crimson glow of the ruby left in the blade and the flames that would eventually empower the blade. " Shinkou"

(815 words| 4589 total.)
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)    Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)  EmptyThu Jun 11 2015, 23:15

Final weapon creation :
+-Shinkou - >
Description: Applied later.
+ Effect: 35 Damage. Chakra Storage Added & Cap +500. Katon DMG x1.15 & Sunder Negated (Ruby)
+ Creation Amount:

Word count of 4589 allows the following reward dice rolls: 6.

Back to top Go down
Game Master
Deity
Deity
Game Master

Post[s] : 2853

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)    Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)  EmptyThu Jun 11 2015, 23:15

The member 'Enjin' has done the following action : Dice

'Reward Dice' : 67, 70, 82, 4, 43, 38
Back to top Go down
http://narutojidai.narutorpg.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)    Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Forging the Path-- Asura's weapon choice (+ reward dice)
Page 1 of 1