Naruto: Path to Jidai
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeJidai IntroRegisterLog in
+ - No Main Story Event - +
+ - Dragonball Z X Naruto Jidai - +
+ -The Ending Goal: 10,000 / 250,000 MF - +
Jidai Site Update: v3.0.1 - +

Mind over Matter (Training thread)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

Occupation[s] : Crafter of Chakra-infused items (weapons and items), fisherman
Post[s] : 2035

Mind over Matter (Training thread)  Empty
PostSubject: Mind over Matter (Training thread)    Mind over Matter (Training thread)  EmptyMon May 15 2017, 21:34

"How long are you gonna stare at those scrolls, Asura?" Ravana's rough and hoarse voice boomed in the courtyard of the ruins.

Ravana had dragged Asura out again-- this time to the courtyard. While the young red-headed Ninja valued the need to practice his Taijutsu and train, he was far from focused on that.

For the moment he took a break to review all the written material of Yang release he could find. He had done a lot of studing and understood the basic principals. Still, he had yet to find any usable applications beyond Medical Ninjutsu. Helpful as it was, but it didn't leave Asura with true examples how it could be useful in combat. Even worse, his Kekkei Genkai allowed him to heal himself and others already using "Shin-Katon" release.

"HEY! Get your head out of your ass, Asura! I'm talking to you!" Ravana boomed.

Asura sighed and pulled his eyes off from the scrolls to his master, now standing over him where he sat. "Is that really necessary, Ravana. I am trying to understand these complex jutsu descriptions. Its an unexplored, or rather lesser known nature release and I really want to understand it." he explained with a tired tone.

Ravana shook his head. "You'll get flabby pouring over the books you know, kid. What girl is gonna wanna sleep with you then?" he teased with a grin.

Asura leered at the older man. "Seriously, you should try thinking less with your junk and more with your head... Sensei," Asura said, and rolled up the last of the scroll. "You might be surprised what it can do when you just apply yourself. "

"Since when did you become so studious?" Ravana asked, crossing his arms as he saw Asura stand back up.

Asura paused for a moment and kept his eyes on the ground. "Roku told me to. He taught me the best weapon of a shinobi is not simply his fist, but the intelligence to understand his surroundings. "

Ravana stopped and reached behind his neck. He rubbed it and let out a growl of defeat. "Well... that is true, I hate to say. So tell me, what is the big deal with this studying your doing? Just what is it about anyway?"

Asura tossed the scroll up and showed Ravana the yang kanji of it on the binding. "Supposedly its the study of Yang release-- the physical properties that govern our world. Through it, you use chakra to directly influence physical substance and the physical energy of a user. However, the only example known is medical ninjutsu... i haven't learned yet how to apply this power in battle." he explained.

Ravana was quiet, but his mind looked to be elsewhere than where Asura showed him. "In truth, I am not sure what you mean, kid. I don't know a lick about medical ninjutsu. Or this physical energy."

Asura smirked to Ravana. He couldn't repress the sense of superiority that he knew something more than his mentor. "Basically, all that energy you put into your taijutsu-- is the energy that Yang release governs. Stamina, physical energy-- and how to use chakra to enhance it completely."

Ravana blinked at this, taken aback by the news. "Hmm... so you saying you can make a jutsu that will make you not only stronger, but use your body better too? I mean i know the Mantra Gates are one example of that."

"Yes, but the power that Yang release could theoretically multiply it further, or make them easier to use."

The older man reached for his chin and stroked his beard. "Hmmm... interesting, but that aside, all this physical energy means nothing if you don't use it. So...."

His words were cut off as he drove forward in the blink of an eye. A fist was raised to try and smack Asura right in the face for not being more alert...

... or so he thought. The moment Ravana's fist struck-- it left a loud impact and crush of old stone as it hit the wall Asura had been behind.

In a blur of movement, Asura had moved immediately to the ceiling of the awning in the courtyard.  He clung there like a monkey, who jumped right in the nick of time. However, his face showed composure and sterness to the attack. He glared back at his mentor with irritation, but focused in his actions.

"Heh... guess your fast at least for a bookworm. You had me worried that you gone soft. Still, I should beat you back into shape kid."

Asura smirked back at his arrogant master. "Then come get me."

With that, Ravana and Asura fought in sparring training till the afternoon. As Asura fought, he felt his understanding of the body grow as well with his time learning Yang Release.

Little did he know what true power he mastered with this gift.

Thread Complete.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Mind over Matter (Training thread)    Mind over Matter (Training thread)  EmptyMon May 15 2017, 21:34

Words- 815.

Training Roll-- First 2 Rolls are for Yang Release. 3rd roll is for Dex.
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Deity
Deity
Game Master

Post[s] : 2853

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Mind over Matter (Training thread)    Mind over Matter (Training thread)  EmptyMon May 15 2017, 21:34

The member 'Enjin' has done the following action : Dice

'Exercise Dice' : 7, 7, 2
Back to top Go down
http://narutojidai.narutorpg.org
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Mind over Matter (Training thread)    Mind over Matter (Training thread)  EmptyMon May 15 2017, 21:35

+ 2 for quick study to results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mind over Matter (Training thread)    Mind over Matter (Training thread)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Mind over Matter (Training thread)
Page 1 of 1