Naruto: Path to Jidai
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeJidai IntroRegisterLog in
+ - No Main Story Event - +
+ - Dragonball Z X Naruto Jidai - +
+ -The Ending Goal: 10,000 / 250,000 MF - +
Jidai Site Update: v3.0.1 - +

Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

Occupation[s] : Crafter of Chakra-infused items (weapons and items), fisherman
Post[s] : 2035

Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)  Empty
PostSubject: Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)    Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)  EmptyWed May 03 2017, 19:33

The hot sun beated on Asura's skin and warmed his body. Even with his light clothing and his natural affinity for heat, he felt warm and sweaty. He had been walking for several hours as both he and his traveling master, Ravana, made their way further south on the Shishin continent.

After the events of the Cardinals and how they wiped out the Shinobi alliance challenge, he choose to stay on this continent to explore the land here, since he was wanted back home anyway as a rogue ninja. Little did he know, the tigers of the contract he signed also resided in this strange new land. The last time he visited them to sign his contract, was via the transportation technique he unwittingly passed through.

Now, he was forced to go there-- under the suggestion of Ravana, since he had no home. While he was with the Akatsuki, and was welcome a home there, Asura needed space and time to himself. His exile, and the death of his Master and Foster-Father, Roku, was recent to him and needed time to adjust.

He had no reason to oppose Ravana's suggestion.

Ravana led the way down the dirt path, Asura following the overbearing shadow of the man's broad back and wave of his large sword behind him. The rolling hills and tall grass beckoned at them as they passed, and soon Asura began to have a sense of deja vu as he passed it.

"This all seems familiar..." Asura said as he looked over the scenery around him. "Are we close?"

Without a turn of his head, Ravana chuckled. "Actually, yes... we are very close. The jungle shouldn't be too far ahead just beyond this hill, but there is still the walk down."

Though he had survived the last visit, Asura gripped the hilt of his short katana.

"What are you all tense for?" Ravana asked. Asura looked up to see the man with his back still turned. "You're so stressed out even I can sense it. You need to quell that frustration of yours, or you won't survive the jungle life, kid."

"I don't need you to tell me that," Asura grumbled.

Ravana turned his head and smirked at him with his teeth showing. "COme on, lighten up a little... Any animal would sense that anxiety like a deer jumping at a snapped twig. You may have a contract with the tigers, but that won't mean they won't jump at you."

Asura just turned his head away. Though grumpy, he understood what Ravana was trying to say. If he didn't quell his anger, it would give him away. "I understand... I'll do better. I promise."

THUMP! Ravana swung an arm around Asura, nearly chocking him. "Haha! Good, maybe when this is all over, I'll show you have a good time at a hot spring. I know one nearby where there are exotic women. Hehehe..." he said with a lecherous intent.

"Geez, Ravana. Don't you have any self control, you pervert!?" Asura shouted.

"Oh? Don't think like that. I prefer to think it as one who accepts his animal instincts. You should try it sometime. Haha!" he bellowed and let go of Asura.

A grumble escaped Asura, this time out of embarrassment rather than frustration.

And so they traveled down the road, nearing the boarder of the Tiger country and soon to enter the land where the real tigers dwelled.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)    Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)  EmptyWed May 03 2017, 21:48

The air had become more humid as they reached the ends of Tiger country and were on a hill that overlooked a dense green landscape. It hit Asura as they reached the top of the hill-- and he had seen this view before. The large, dense rain-forest that ran ahead all the way to the southern sea was there. The Blood Vale Jungle. The home of the Tigers Asura had grown to know and summon. Though his time to learn more contracts with the tigers there were little, due to his training and the events that had occurred, they had been invaluable. What times he had to summon Boss Byakko, the tribal leader of the tigers, he always was short tempered-- but pulled Asura out of the worst of pinches.

Out of many summonings Asura had learned of, he had a fondness for the tigers and admired their abilities. He didn't think he would resort to come to their jungle as a place of safe refuge--

-- especially the decapitation warnings that were laid on the boarder.

Just like before, skulls both animal and human were tossed out at the edge of the jungle, along with a sign nailed to one of the trees with vines growing around it. It was conveniently marked. "Do not enter. Maneaters!" in big, bold letters.

Asura's lips were tight in dread as he looked at the familiar sign. "They really need to work on their tourism pitch, don't they?" Asura commented as he looked at the sign, and remembered the hell he went through the last time.

Ravana chuckled as he looked ahead. The last time, the man had ditched Asura so he had to go on his own to complete the tigers' test, but now he remained at his side. "DOn't worry too much. The tigers won't attack you since you and I got contracts with them. Everything else... I can't promise anything." he said with a chuckle.

"Oh, great! You're so helpful!" Asura snarled at his mentor in sarcasm.

The sounds of birds called out in the thicket of the jungle, and the aroma of rain, trees and plants were thick and rich-- however, it reminded Asura of one thing as well. The Genjutsu flowers that grew in this jungle. A wiff of the pollen caused one to hallucinate. He never understood how that happened, but he knew this jungle had its share of dangers outside of the tigers that lived there.

"I guess we have no choice but to go forward cautiously. At least I guess we don't gotta worry about the tigers having us for dinner" Asura sighed.

"I hope not," Ravana countered and stepped forward into the jungle, "I'm starting to get hungry. Hopefully the Boss will feel hospitable for a change. Haha!"

Asura shook his head and followed his mentor into the jungle without a hesitation.

No more than a minute into the jungle, Asura choose to activate his Tengan, his eyes now with the bright orange sun pattern in his irises. With the eyes, he hoped to see more of his surroundings and negate the possible Genjutsu that came with the jungle's moist atmosphere. Even with Ravana's cocky attitude, he could tell the man was more alert now than before. He remained closer to Asura and kept an eye out for any change in the surroundings.

The winding road became smaller and smaller as roots and brush got in the way of the path. It was just like before, but Asura knew the direction they had to go to reach the same plains where Boss Byakko and his clan gathered. Beyond that, he didn't know much about the jungle.

"So..." Asura asked Ravana, "You really think they will allow me to stay here? I mean, Boss Byakko doesn't come off as the nurturing type at times..."

Ravana smirked as he drew out his Nodachi. He rested it against his shoulder. "Don't worry about it, kid. Boss Byakko might be a hard ass, but he is not unreasonable. The guy has a soft spot for kids, as you can guess." he commented, "Besides, it's probably best for you to train here anyway. You can learn a lot from the jungle and tigers. "

Asura's gaze went across the different ends of the forest. The trees and cover was so thick that it was hard to see a distance. Even with his Tengan, his X-ray vision still had many objects to check through. Even so, he couldn't check every angle...

And then, he heard a rustle of movement!

Asura stopped and turned his attention to the direction of the sound. A soft rustle could be seen behind some bushes aside a large tree to their right. He took a jump back as he focused his eyes to see what it was...

and it came out before Asura could even use his vision to see it.

"Huh?" Asura gasped.

"Mrow..." a soft sound escaped the little tiger cub to pounce out onto the ground. The little tiger cub was no bigger than a foot tall, and had an etherial glow to him. He clearly was not a regular tiger cub-- but Asura knew the cat well. The cat was white but his body almost appeared silver with a small sacred orb that hung from his neck like a collar.

He smiled as he recognized the cat. "Xufu! Hey, little buddy!" Asura greeted the cat with a smile. It was indeed no genjutsu, but the actual cat.

The cat gave a happy meow and hopped forward to Asura.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)    Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)  EmptyThu May 04 2017, 22:52

The little cat scampered up to Asura and without a second thought, jumped up towards his shoulder. The shinobi flinched briefly as the cat's claws pinched at his skin as he landed and walked along Aura's shoulder and back. The pinch more tickled than hurt as Asura laughed to see young friend-- the son of Boss Byakko and the first cat he summoned. "Aren't you a pleasant surprise. You shouldn't be in this jungle by yourself," Asura chuckled and scratched Xufu behind the ears, exciting a purr from the tiger.

"Someone is happy to see you," Ravana chuckled as he saw Xufu nudge his head against Asura's cheek.

The soft tickle of his fur made Asura smile as he patted the cat on the head. "Well, now this is one beast I don't mind meeting. " He rose a hand and scratched lightly against the cat's cheek and whiskers.

"Well at least we got a guide. Hey cat, think you can take us to your father?" Ravana asked.

Wordlessly, the cat looked at Ravana and cocked his head. The cat knelt low and jumped down from Asura's shoulder to step on the root-laid path. With a soft meow, the little tiger began to prance his way forward to lead them further.

"Let's keep up with him." Ravana said, "Last thing we want Boss Byakko thinking that we left the little brat on his own. "

Asura rolled his eyes. He remembered the trouble the little cat caused on his own. Still, he had a soft spot for the cat-- and also remembered the sheer destruction Byakko caused in Iwa when he thought the cat was lost.

The memory of Iwa made Asura a little sad, but the scampering of Xufu lightened his mood as they moved forward into the jungle.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)    Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)  EmptySun May 07 2017, 00:18

THe cat's purr was just as loud as the rest of the ambient noise from the forest around them. As they moved towards the jungle's end, the sounds grew quieter and quieter. After a small moment, the cat Xufu stopped and sniffed the air softly. A soft meow escaped him as Asura and Ravana looked to see why he stopped. "Xufu? SOmething wrong?" Asura asked.

The cat gave a soft grunt and pawed at the soft soil below his feet. His tail became rustled, as if to sense something near him that felt menacing.

All the while, Asura looked around as Ravana kept a cool and more curious expression to the possible 'intrusion'. "The kitten sees something?" he asked.

"No clue, but he seems to sense something," Asura said and expanded his vision further-- using his Tengan to see through the trees and use his ears to sense his surroundings. He slowly looked around-- but didn't get much chance as he soon heard the soft sound or rattling chains.

SWOSH!!

Before Asura could detect with his Tengan-- two large creatures swung down from the canopy. With fierce growls, they swooped around Asura-- and soon the young shinobi was tied up by a thick chain...

... held by two black-furred humanoid tigers that landed on the ground in unison and held the chain tight. "Got you, tresspassor!" one of them said.

"Hehe... Don't lose your head on us, yet. We are gonna have some fun with your---"

"YOU IDIOTS!!" Asura shouted at the top of his lungs. "It's me! Chigatsumi, Bloody mist-- damn it!"

Asura was now tied up, his guard down for a split second and now was tied up from his neck to his knees in the chain the twin tigers, Chigatsumi and Bloody Mist had used from a Kusarigama.

At the shout of his voice, the two tiger brothers turned to find Asura caught in their little web. Ravana, who had been standing a distance away from the spot, was left uncaught by the trap and just was bellow in laughing. "Gahaha! Told you kid! You really are in need of some serious training."

"Brother, its Asura!" Chigatsumi said with a grin that showed his teeth.

Bloody Mist gave a purr of his own and smiled as well at the young shinobi. "Oh it is, isn't it. How is it hanging, cub? Or should I call you "Puppet--"

"I swear you say it, and I will turn you into throw rugs!!" Asura shouted and kicked from within the chains. "Let me out already!"

Ravana struggled to keep his laughter in check as he saw Asura now tied up. The man had sensed the murderous intent-- and sidestepped the attack just right, which left Asura, who had been off his game, and now tied up by the 'welcome party'.

"It's good to see you again. Glad you survived. Gotta admit, i had my doubts," Chigatsumi said as he held the chain tight. Despite the light conversation, they didn't untie Asura.

"Did you come here to see the Boss?" Bloody Mist asked.

All the while, Xufu walked up to Asura now tied up. Despite him now bound in chains, the cat still nudged and rubbed against Asura's leg in affection.

"Yes, we did,"Ravana answered as Asura gritted his teeth in anger. " THink you two could show us the fastest way out of here so we can see him?"

"OH sure,"

"He is where he always is-- in the field with the others,"

"We can take you to him."

"Be there in no time."

As they spoke in verse, Asura's vein in his head was growing noticeably larger. "WILL YOU TWO UNTIE ME ALREADY?!" Asura shouted, his voice audible to the top of the jungle canopy.

"Jeez, your so tense. Relax, friend," Bloody Mist purred and smirked.

"We'll get you to the Boss. Leave it to us," Chigatsumi added.

However... Asura was still miserable as the two cats led the way for Asura, Ravana and Xufu--- and dragged the tied up Asura behind him as if he was some kind of trophy kill. All the while he cursed, yelled and screamed at the cats to let him go-- but the two vindictive felines ignored him and dragged him along for laughs.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)    Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)  EmptyTue May 09 2017, 16:19

The sounds of the jungle were drown out by the laughter of the two tiger brothers-- and Asura kicking and screaming to be let go. Even Xufu was no less unnerved by his anger as they journeyed through the jungle. Soon they reached the edge after passing the adjacent river that ran through the jungle-- and finally emerged into the sunlight beyond the canopy.

The wide, tall grass of the planes stretched before them which also gave way to a large mountain in the distant south-- which no doubt guarded the ocean beyond it. Another series of mountains were located to the far east, also abject to them. However, what stole most attention that sat in the center of the large field of tall grass-- was the 60 foot giant white Tiger. The fearsome creature was in a reclined position, sitting on his haunches and his eyes grazing the terrain. Further among the field, other tigers also reclined and tussled with one another. Some of different shapes and types. Their growls and purrs chattered amongst themselves as soon Ravana and Asura were escored through the field.

The white tiger towered above all the others-- his fur a bright color of white touched by blue stripes that lined his fur. Armored bracers were on his front paw and a series of spikes rings were on his rear legs and tail. Spikes grew out of his back, and a series of golden yellow orbs rotated around him like a holy aura. Finally, his face was obscured by a sharp-looking mask with 4 eyes and stopped short of his nose, leaving his face a mystery.

Despite the mask, his perception was never in question as he soon saw Asura and the two tiger brothers drag him in.

"YO BOSS!" Chigatsumi boasted as he finally stopped, allowing Asura a chance to swing up to his feet, despite being tied up. "We got some visitors. This time the real kind, not the 'bring em to dinner' kind. " the tiger joked.

"Though if your hungry, I'm sure he could roast himself with his temper," Bloody Mist added.

"Will you two jerks untie me already!? The joke is old!" Asura shouted.

A tired grumble escaped the giant tiger as he reered his head over to see Asura tied up in the brothers' chains. "You two idiots... release him, already."

Nervous chuckles came from the brothers as they turned to Asura and began to loosen the chains between them. A sigh finally escaped Asura as he could finally move his arms and stepped out of the chains as they clattered around him. "Jeez, will you two grow up?" He sighed and soon turned to finally address the giant tiger. "Um... Hi Boss Byakko. Thanks for seeing me," Asura said with a bow of his head.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)    Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)  EmptyTue May 09 2017, 20:08

Normally, Asura had expected Boss Byakko to start growling, yelling and demanding more respect to him (or to pay him the money he owed for his contract with the tiger summoning for him). However, the tiger was unusually patient. His gaze behind his mask was firm, but unhurried and calm. Even as Xufu pranced around and nudged Asura's leg, the big tiger let out a soft growl of content. Almost sympathetic.

"I'm... guessing your not happy to have me here," Asura assumed by the tiger's silence.

A breath escaped the tiger. "To be honest, I was expecting you... though not with that dead-beat mentor of yours in toe," The tiger's gaze drew to Ravana, who just gave a broad smirk and waved at Byakko from a distance away. "I'll have some words with him later... however..." Byakko then moved a bit closer, adjusting his position on the grass to face Asura directly. "I am not surprised you came here. We didn't get to talk much since last we met, but I was aware what transpired, and what I missed, Ravana did fill me in on. I'm sorry Asura.. for the tragedy that befell you."

Asura's eyes turned away from the tiger, the cat's almost pity-filled look making Asura want to turn away and deny it. He knew what he was talking about-- Roku, and the conspiracy in iwa that turned him into a rogue ninja. For better or worse, he was a victim to cover up Roku's death. The scars of the event were fresh, and even then Asura had been thrust into an event to try and save the same nation that cast him out-- and failed in the face of this nation's cardinals. So much was going through his head, he couldn't make sense of it-- and he didn't want to make sense of it.

The soft meow of Xufu was the only sound for the moment as the cat looked up at Asura and nudged him by the leg. Feeling the sudden need for comfort, Asura casually leaned down and picked up Xufu. The cat didn't resist as he held the tiger cup in his arms. Boss Byakko made no move to stop it. He learned a long time ago that his son had a strange trust in Asura, and respected it to trust him as well to a degree.

"I wish words alone could soothe your anguish, Asura, but sadly I know that cannot be done." the large tiger said in a growl-like tone, "But it seemed you had support of Ravana to aid you when you needed it most. Still, to lose your master, family and home, is more than anyone should endure."

"Thank you, Lord Byakko..." Asura replied simply.

Boss Byakko's demeanor remained kind for the time being, but firm, like a stern parent. "No need to be so formal. Either way, your path has led here... You are contracted with us. Your life is entwined with us as well. Otherwise, we wouldn't even have honored you to sign the contract," the tiger reshifted with a mild growl. "That said, Asura, I can't restore what you have lost-- however, you are more than welcome in this land from this moment on. Our home, is your home..."

Asura's eyes widened a bit as he felt Xufu squirm in his grip. The cat jumped to his shoulders and stood upon them for balance. "H-huh? " Asura gasped, "T-that's hardly necessary, Lord Byakko."

"Kid, its Boss Byakko. You earned the right to call be Boss at the very least. No need to be Lord," The tiger corrected, "As far as I am concerned, you are one of us. We too used to belong to another land and driven out. I know its not the same, but I know the pain of having no where to go. You are welcomed here for as long as you desire, my friend."

Asura was baffled by the kindness, but just as Xufu nuzzled him, the ''warm fuzzies' of the moment started to soothe Asura's anxiety. "Thanks... Boss..."

"Bah!" Ravana boasted aloud, killing the warm mood. "You gone soft, Boss Byakko. I don't remember you giving me such a homecoming when I pop in."

The air trembled with a vicious roar at Ravana's interruption. "You would-- if you were not up to your ears my debt, you deadbeat! I outta eat you right here and now!"

Ravana just chuckled and waved a hand in the tiger's direction. "Come now, what example would that be in front of your kid. Besides, you know I am good for it." Ravana replied.

Byakko could only growl as he lowered himself back onto the ground, but electricity and wind still swooshed around him and crackled off his fur.

Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)    Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)  EmptyTue May 09 2017, 20:54

The outburst between Boss and Ravana was a tough one, but soon things settled. Several of the surrounding tigers were on edge by Byakko's roar. Even the twins, Chigatsumi and Bloody Mist were scared stiff and their fur were on ends. They were the types no doubt, who had been scolded by Boss Byakko many times, and probably incurred his wrath as well in some form.

Asura blinked, and the only one not frightened was Xufu who just looked at his father with a puzzled look. For a little tiger, the cat had nerves of steel.

Returning his focus to Asura, Boss Byakko calmed down.

"Um... I do owe you quite a bit already, you know?" Asura brought up, to be honest in front of the leader of the tigers. "I summoned you, and Chigatsumi and bloody Mist. Rest assured, I will pay my dues just---"

"HA! Relax, cub. You are a drop in the bucket what that friend of yours owes. However, there are other ways you can pay back your debt-- to me at least," Boss Byakko explained. "Since we can provide you refuge here, I assume from time to time, you don't mind working on our behalf, do you?" Asura raised a brow at the offer, curious to what Boss had in mind. "Nothing shady I assure you-- at least to what we go by, but as a resident here, we hope you will work to pull your weight for our sake too. Is that acceptable?"

Perhaps it was the rare moment of kindess from Boss Byakko-- or perhaps the affection his son forced upon him, but Asura felt touch by the offer to stay among the tigers and even to work for them. He never thought of the Tigers' home as much beyond a jungle, but as he looked around, he was feeling more free and happy to be among the jungle and open air-- far from what Iwa provided.

"Boss Byakko, It would be an honor to work for your tribe. I promise to repay my debt to all of you," he said, "The kindness, not the money I mean."

Boss Byakko let out a soft growl that sounded like a chuckle. "Very well. Welcome to the Blood Vale Tigers, boy. Taiyoumaru-- come here will you!"

Asura looked to where Boss turned to-- and saw a rustle in the tall grass. Out from it, appeared a basic size tiger. Large for its kind, but not as towering as Byakko. This tiger was orange in color with black stripes. Unlike other tigers, he was dawned in thick samurai like armor with a kanji for fire on his armored helmet. It was odd to see such armor on an animal, but the tiger strode forward without any issue. On his left side was a large sword astride to him. A nodachi, not unlike Ravana's weapon.

Asura watched as the red armored tiger stroll forward towards him and Boss Byakko. "Yes, Lord Byakko?" the tiger spoke with a bow of his head.

"Would you kindly show Asura-- and the swindler, the palace ruins where he can reside? I think there would be an appropriate place for a human to rest." he suggested.

"Palace ruins...?" Asura asked.

"Yes, my lord," the orange tiger replied to Boss and turned to Asura.

Xufu on Asura's shoulders soon jumped off him and scampered near where his father sat. As he left, Taiyoumaru nodded his head to Asura, as if to greet him. "Pleasure to meet you." he said in a dry but polite growl.

Asura looked to the armored cat in curiousity and Boss laughed gently at it. "Taiyoumaru is one of our guardians-- a vanguard that protects the boarders of our territory. He is as loyal as they come. Needless to say, you can trust he will show you around our territory if I cannot be in reach. " Boss Byakko introduced on Taiyomaru's behalf. "

"Oh, okay....Hey there... Nice to meet you, Taiyoumaru." Asura replied.

"Follow me, please," the tiger replied curtly and began to stride past him to the south-east.

Asura felt a bit odd, as if the tiger somehow gave him the cold shoulder. The cat was incredibly focused and rigid, but not unkind either. With a shrug and a glance at Ravana, Asura followed the orange cat.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)    Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)  EmptyTue May 09 2017, 21:53

Led away from the fields where Boss Byakko watched the jungle, Asura, Ravana-- and the company of both Chigatsumi and Bloody Mist followed Taiyoumaru. Though not invited, the nosey tiger brothers couldn't help but tag along to possibly torment Asura in some way or form. For the time being, Asura tried to ignore them.

Taiyoumaru led them out of the field and through a narrow path through the jungle towards the eastern mountain-- or what appeared to be a mountain. Obscured by the trees and bright stones, it was easy to miss-- the manmade structures hidden.

Palace ruins location
Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)  1B2d3nm

Vines and thick palm tree branches obscured the pillars of stone-- which turned out to be carvings man made as obelisks that stood before a series of steps. Moss grew around it, and chips of stone was worn from the structure, caused by the passing of time. Slowly, even though they were at the foot of the structure, the man made structures continued to stretch up the mountain-- revealing more and more of what appeared to be a castle built into the mountain itself. A mix of a monastery and a palace. Towers were mistaken for peaks of the small mountain, and structures meld well with the land itself.

"Incredible..." Asura breathed as he looked at the castle. "How did this get here? You tigers didn't build this, did you?"

His back still turned and still focus on his orders, Taiyoumaru spoke up. "No. This is from a kingdom long time ago. We believe it used to be tied to the snakes of your continent, but that was centuries ago. By the time we settled in these jungles, these were long abandoned. " he explained, and still strode up the steep steps of the ruins.

Asura hesitated by Taiyoumaru's cold and impersonal behavior-- but soon was distracted by Bloody Mist's paw on his shoulder. "Taiyoumaru is what you might call a real busy-body. Its all orders and work with him. You should really take that sword out from under your tail buddy!" the tiger called at him.

"Shut up, Bloody Mist--- or you'll have to pull that sword out of your ass!" the orange tiger growled back, this time with more emotion to his voice.

A bit of sweat dropped from Asura's brow, but was soon pushed along as Ravana-- behind him-- pushed against his back to keep Asura going up the steep staircase.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)    Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)  EmptyWed May 10 2017, 16:28

The steps were steep-- and a bit of a climb for a normal person. Though Asura could of ascended to the peak in a question of seconds, he followed the normal pace since he already was tired from the long journey. He followed the back of the orange tiger till they finally reached the top of the steps and looked around at the 'palace' they stood before. The likely place where the doors stood was wide open and worn away, being just a large stone archway.

The inside was littered with vines and growth that had grown through the cracks and littered the inside. The ground was a smooth stone surface and appeared engraved, moss growing in between the  markings. Statues were displayed around the courtyard, some of tigers-- others of other animals, and several half broken to a degree. There were no real doors that kept things in or out-- except for the inner rooms further in the palace. Parts of it almost resembled a garden where water ran through like a stream, and patches of flowers grew out of courtyards within the palace.

Though worn and abandoned, there was a natural beauty to the ruins, to which Asura felt comforted by. "I wouldn't expect a dump like this to be so tranquil," Asura commented as he looked around.

"Glad you like it," Taiyoumaru said with mild sarcasm. "This is where you will be living after all. Though don't worry. We can work to make it more livable... for a human anyway."

The last part made Asura make a face at the tiger. Though not rude, he seemed a bit stuck up to his point of view. "You don't... like humans?" Asura dared to ask the cat.

For a moment, the tiger stopped and turned his head to Asura, seeing his curious appearance. "No, I don't mind em one way or another. Why do you ask?" he replied.

Asura raised a hand in a non-offensive gesture. "Oh um... no reason. Just wondering."

With a growl like a sigh, Taiyoumaru moved on further down the hall. They ascended up another flight of stairs on the inside, and soon reached a single door. "This room should be good for you." the tiger said, as the others observed from behind them.

Asura opened the thick wooden doors that closed the room, and when he looked inside, it was a bit of a surprise. Despite some stray vines and worn to the stone, the room was rather clean and tidy. A large narrow room stretched out before him, with a table, some chairs-- though some were broken-- and a large bed in the back. One side of the room was a pure open area, that also led to a balcony that overlooked the jungle. From the widowed area, it also offered a view of the sea a few miles away from their height. The bed itself was rather large, capable of holding several people, not just 1. It reminded Asura of the kind of chambers royalty would have.

"Wow... this is very generous of you guys. Thanks," Asura said as he looked over the room. "A touch up job but this is great. You sure its okay."

"Boss Byakko said so," Tayoumaru said, "I can prepare a room for you too Ravana, assuming you can convince my lord to not dis pence of you."

Ravana merely laughed and shook his head.

"Well, well, won't this be fun!" Asura stopped his observation of the room when he felt two arms-- each one belonging to Chigatsumi and Bloody Mist. "So you'll be living here in the jungle. We're pratically roomies!" Chigatsumi said.

"Hehe... This is gonna be fun, isn't it, brother?" Bloody Mist added.

"Tell me you don't live in here too!" Asura grumbled, which only made the two tigers laugh.

With their laughs, Bloody Mist gave Asura a pat on the back. "Naw, live in the canopy below but hey-- doesn't mean we won't visit. After all we're brothers in arms now."

"Aww, I always wanted a little brother too," Chigatsumi teased.

"Kill me... Kill me now..."

Hearing the conversation, Ravana peeked through the doorway. "Watch your words. They may just take you up on that if you ask."
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)    Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)  EmptyThu May 11 2017, 18:51

For a brief moment, Asura was on his own as he looked over the room he had in the ruins. He didn't expect that the ruins in a jungle would make him feel so at home. Slowly he made his way to the large bed at the back of the room and sat down on it. HIs limbs felt exhausted between his travels, the fight, even the mental fatigue of his mission and survival fleeing Iwa.

The bed felt soft for something rather old. Likely used of feathers and other soft foliage to make it. Asura knew this place was a work in progress for him to live in, but at the moment he didn't care. Even though it was still afternoon, he felt as if he had been running around for months without end. Now, he could finally rest. He could actually unwind and allow himself to relax-- even if he was surrounded by a vicous jungle with man-eating tigers .

Even as his eyes drooped, he could hear the chatter of Chigatsumi, Bloody Mist and how they bickered with Taiyoumaru. Even Ravana's laughter and comments echoed the halls of the palace.

Asura might of lost his home, but he realized he had a family here too. His friends, even Boss Byakko, despite his mean demeanor most of the time knew when to show compassion. For the first time in weeks, Asura felt safe. He tossed his sword to the side of the bed and allows himsellf to finally relax. The wild sounds of the jungle was a lullaby that allowed him to finally get some sleep, and forget the troubles that weighted him down.

While much was on Asura's mind-- fixing up his new home, helping out his tiger friends, training further to make himself stronger-- his need for rest overtook him as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

As sunset took to the jungle, Boss Byakko, towering over the trees, looked at the palace ruins where he could tell Asura was resting in. The giant tiger watched over the area as he soon sensed another familiar presence. "You certainly have taken a liking to that kid, haven't you Ravana?" the tiger growled. "Didn't think you would take on a student."

From behind one of the thick trees of the canopy, Ravana stepped out and rested his back against the trunk of the tree. "I could say the same for you. I remember you being much more vicious to humans. You must be getting soft in your old age." he joked.

A growl escaped the tiger. "Don't tempt me to bite your arm off. I am still in the height of my prime. At least he is more respectable than YOU." he replied.

"For now, at least," Ravana added with a chuckle. However, his expression became less cocky as he directed his attention at the tiger. "All jokes aside, you are sure its okay with you. He is technically a wanted shinobi, false charges or not. There is a risk that others will come after him. "

Byakko growled, but his gaze remained at the tower where Asura slept. "He is contracted to us. He proved his worth to me, twice. He has become friends with my son and others of my tribe. As far as I am concerned, he is one of us. There is no doubt in my mind to protect him no different than my other kin." the tiger told Ravana. "Besides, I believed him when he said he would work to aid us. He seems like an honorable child. Perhaps the teacher can learn from the student, don't you think Ravana?"

"Don't hold your breath, whiskers," Ravana laughed, his shoulders shaking with his bellow.

The giant tiger let out a breath. "I am willing to shelter him and even aid in his training-- but you better not do anything immoral to him. If what you said is true, his master entrusted him to you. You better not let him down. "

Ravana just smiled and scratched his beard. "Don't worry, Boss. Between you, the rest of the tribe and me, he is in the best of paws."

From then on, Asura would reside in the land of the tigers-- free to grow and live as he choose, and free from the death-mark on his head back in Iwa. While he would have to explain things to the Akatsuki about his new home and possibly connections, it was a chance for Asura to do what he dreamed of.

To make his own way in the world.
Thread End. New Country is now founded . Will post details on official part of site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)    Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Freedom and Home (IQ Quest for Custom Country)
Page 1 of 1