Naruto: Path to Jidai
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeJidai IntroRegisterLog in
+ - No Main Story Event - +
+ - Dragonball Z X Naruto Jidai - +
+ -The Ending Goal: 10,000 / 250,000 MF - +
Jidai Site Update: v3.0.1 - +

Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Enjin
Guru
Guru

Post[s] : 2035

Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.    Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04 2016, 08:44

Asura couldn't help but feel pleased but also confused as why Roku was being so sentimental. Perhaps it was just the fact that things were so close to destruction from the night before, that he wished to share this-- but Asura was happy that his master felt this way. As did he, seeing Roku as the father he never had and proud to have been his student. Though he was a trouble maker at times, Asura had no regrets about what ROku taught him and was proud to have mastered the use of the Tengan as far as he had.

Asura bowed his head to Roku, grateful to him. "Thank you, Master Roku," he said humbly, showing a great break in his usual cocky and sometimes hot headed demeanor.

With a soft chuckle, Roku walked over and placed a hand on his head-- before russtling Asura's red hair. His hair was very much like his father' but his face was closer to that of his mothers, taking Roku back to pleasant memories when those two were together.

"Why don't we go out for a bit. I think some time in town would do us both good, don't you?" Roku asked, feeling he wanted to spend some quality time with him. Not just as his master, but as close to a surrogate father could. Asura nodded in reply, liking the sound of it.

The two walked through ths street casually. Some whispers came and went at the sight of Roku-- being a renown member of the village, but nothing that he had any issue with. Asura followed him contently as they made their way to one of the shops nearby. "Master, if I may ask, what is the occassion for?" he asked.

"To nurture the soul... or in this case, our bellies with perhaps some good ice cream," he said with a chuckle.

Asura smiled, enjoying to see Roku in better spirits. While they were indeed involved in something potentially dangerous with the issue of the bandit interrogation, it was good to see he was not completely broken from the event. While the questions still burned in Asura's mind, it was good to let them go and have some indulgence once in a while.

"Haha, I never thought I'd hear you actually want to go out for ice cream. You sure you're the REAL Roku?" Asura joked, his hands behind his head.

Roku cast a mischevious eye at Asura, smirking at his pupil's crack. "Oh don't worry. You will be working it off with 50 laps around the mountain afterward if your so worried of getting out of shape." he said knowingly.

Asura's eyes widened at that, then dropped his arms in a pout. "Aaaaand your back to your usual sadistic self," he cracked again-- this time causing a bellowing laugh from Roku, a pleasant sound to the youth's ears.

Though as they walked and laughed a man soon appeared before the two -- causing Roku to come to a stop. His joyous expression soon melted into a surprised look, then to a more respectful and serious one at whom they now faced.

"Good afternoon, Roku," the man said.

Curious Asura looked from behind Roku to see him, and he was someone Asura was not all that familiar with. The man was a tall man, a little bit more than Roku due to perhaps by an inch. He wore a rather regal attire of white with a cloak around his shoulders, shoulder guard on his left shoulder, golden armor below his robes and strange adornments upon his hands like claws. He had blonde hair and tanned dark skin, with sharp blue eyes that seemed to be as sharp as a hawk's. His very nature was stern and serious, almost as such as Roku was during a bad day. The white tattoo markings on his face didn't help much either.

However, Asura couldn't recall ever seeing this man ever crack a smile in his life. he seen him around in official speeches and announcements of state, but nothing more he knew about him. He was some kind of elder or advisor to the Tsuchikage, but beyond that, he knew nothing more about him.

" Good afternoon, Minister Deus," Roku spoke rather straight and to the point. By the way he was looking at Deus, Roku was not exactly fond of him as well.

Asura observed as the two talked, not saying a word as this clearly was a conversation between two of the village's superior members.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

Occupation[s] : Crafter of Chakra-infused items (weapons and items), fisherman

Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.    Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06 2016, 00:23

"I am so sorry to learn of the incident that took place at your home," Deus said addressing Roku, a calm but emotionless look on his face. "It pains me greatly that such barbarians could infiltrate our boarders so easily."

Roku didn't say anything for a moment. Asura found it odd how Roku was pacing himself in his conversation. "Indeed, but we were lucky that there were no lives lost in this incident," Roku responded.

By that time, Asura also noticed the two guards Deus had with him-- anbu shinobi body guards. While he was sure that they were strong and formidable, Deus didn't look like someone who needed body guards from the way he handled himself.

"We have already begun an investigation regarding the bandits who assaulted you," Deus said, crossing his arms against his chest in thought. "However, it will be some time before we can piece together the clues since so many were killed. If someone is targeting clans in their actions, we will find the ones responsible."

"Indeed," Roku said, his tone a bit to the point.

At that time, however, Deus' gaze drifted from Roku, to Asura's surprise, at himself. Asura stood up in attention to the Minister and paid his respects with a bow of his head. "Ah, young Asura. I am relieved you among the Jiin were strong enough to repel the invaders. You have come a long way since the academy exams.

Asura felt a bit unnerved by Deus' observation, more like he was a product rather than a person regarding his progress as a ninja. Even his embarassing moments, that while he performed well in the test-- he couldn't really pass it because of the failure to break out of Genjutsu. That however was in the past.

Asura cast his eyes away for a moment as he listened to Deus. "Thank you, sir," he said politely.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.    Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08 2016, 14:53

There was a strange smirk to Deus' expression as he acknowledged Asura, then returned his focus to Roku. "I'd be foolish to think that you yourselves have not been looking into this crime. Roku, have you found any clues? Anything that can help us with our investigation?" Deus asked.

Roku's gaze still carried and intense neutrality to him and soon he answered. "None, sorry to say. " Roku said simply.

Asura glanced at Roku rather quickly, but kept his expression rather simple himself-- to conceal his true reaction. Surprise. Roku didn't mention about the bandit that they were able to apprehend. He didn't mention him-- or the stronger ninjas that attacked him in the woods! Roku withheld information from a high-ranking village official!

Why would he lie?

There was another tense pause between the two men, but then Deus nodded and closed his eyes. "I understand. At least, no one was truly harmed in this attack. Your clan has suffered enough. Rest assured, we will find the culprits responsible," Deus said, turning to walk away. " I shall keep you updated on our progress."

Roku nodded to him, his eyes firm on him. "I'm sure you will, Minister. Thank you," he replied.

With another silent gaze at one another, Deus turned away with a flap of his cape. Following his lead, his two guards followed him without fail further down the street. Even as he left, Roku glared at the man, not saying a word.

As Deus vanished down the street, Asura finally worked up the courage to speak to his master, seeing how intense his master was now. "Um... Master Roku...?" Asura spoke up.

"Not here," Roku said firmly, interrupting Asura. "We will talk when we are further away from here." he said, continuing down their path to the where they were heading.

While concerns were still burning inside of him, Asura obeyed Roku and followed him.

The two had reached the ice cream parlor that were at the end of town , and each one got a double scoop of ice cream. Roku had cherry and Asura had chocolate as they took their food and still kept on walking-- reaching to the upper hill of one of the rocky mountains, overlooking the village and afternoon sun.

Asura took a bite of his ice cream, enjoying the cold sensation on his tongue and down his throat. As someone who used fire all the time, it felt nice to have the chill of something cold on him every once and a while. Though while in a pleasant situation, Asura was tingling with a sudden feel of anxiety he tried well to control, but it was running up and down his spine he couldn't really keep it bottled up for long-- dying to speak his mind to Roku. His master on the other hand, remained perfectly calm.

"Um... Master...?" Asura said nervously, afraid to anger his mentor. "Can I please ask you my question now?"

Roku took a bite of his ice cream, paused then let out a hum sound. "Yes... I think now is okay," he said. "I simply didn't want to risk any eavesdropping from others." he said.

Asura let out a sigh of relief, dislike keeping his feelings and thoughts bottled up often. "Master... Why did you lie about the bandit captured in the attack?" he asked, looking up to his master. For a moment, Roku said nothing. "I mean, why would you lie to him? He is a village official. Was there... something wrong, master?"

After finishing another bite of his ice cream, Roku looked up to the afternoon sky, the sun just short of setting. "Asura, have you ever heard the expression-- 'Silence is golden?' " Roku asked.

Asura stopped and remembered it mentioned in times in the academy. "Um... sure, I know the phrase, but not really sure how it applies right." he said to Roku.

"Simply stated, it means sometimes saying nothing and letting others speak is the smarter options, for it means you can possibly let your adversary slip up and reveal secrets he did not intend to share," Roku explained, and finally turned. "Also the fact to keep silent is to safe guard one's own secrets."

Asura blinked in surprise at the concept.

"As a Shinobi, secrets are one of a ninja's essential tools. To reveal things easily will only lead to one's death. At least, when it comes to sensitive information. Information is priceless in the hands of a skilled Shinobi. " He took another bite of his ice cream cone-- but then lowered it down, his expression deep and troubled. "THat being said, Asura... I had my reason to keep the fact of the bandit in our care a secret for the time being."

"But Deus is our ally, isn't he?" Asura asked, genuinely surprised by Roku's reaction. "I mean, sure he is a bit of a jerk in my opinion... but he is a Minister and advisor to the Tsuchikage. Why would we disclose information from him?"

Roku was silent for a moment, looking to the sun in deep thought. Then after a few seconds, Roku turned his eyes to Asura. "What I am about to tell you, you must never reveal to anyone else. Understood?" he commanded. "You will not speak of this again to anyone. What I am even saying may not even be true. It is a theory, but I will not have you share this with anyone else. Understood?" The glare in his eye showed how serious he was, almost sending a chill up Asura's spine.

"Y-yes, sir," Asura replied with a nod.

Roku closed his eyes slowly for a moment and returned to look out at the scenery of the village and mountains ahead to the west. They could see the glow of the volcano in sight. " I am concerned, the attack against you and the clan, might of been orchestrated by someone within Iwa," he said slowly, hesitant to speak the words.

Asura felt his breath leave him, His eyes widen with shock. The mere suggestion sounded horrible, and one he never thought would ever be spoken from his master's lips.

"The events that happened worked out too well..." Roku explained, sharing his thoughts with Asura and the reasoning. "The bandit attack I could of overlooked-- but what really got my attention was the fact you were attacked by clearly far more skilled shinobi at that same time, as if to cover the evidence and blamed on the bandits. Furthermore, I was ordered to leave on a mission in the dead of night to check an outpost. I came back at the sheer instinct something was wrong. Still, I wouldn't of been surprised if that was arranged, even if shinobi were waiting for me just to take me out."

This news of potential conspiracy was starting to make Asura nervous as he realized what his master was saying. "Are you... Are you suggesting our own village would do this? But why!? We are all on the same side! We are a part of this village so why---"

"CALM YOURSELF, Asura!" Roku said firmly, silencing Asura as he quickly stopped talking. "I highly doubt the entire village is responsible for this. Regardless, this situation has all the signatures of an inside job. No way bandits would have ninjas of that skill attack you-- let alone with curse marks to keep them quiet." Roku returned to look at the sky. "It would potentially be a more individual party that is a part of our village. That is all. "

Asura had completely forgotten his ice cream, which was dripping down his hand as it melted. He didn't know what to say or think. The very fact that their own village-- no , a member of their village had it out for him for no reason seemed odd. Who would have it out for his clan, let alone him-- to want to try and assassinate him. It was not petty jealousy.

"I really don't understand this at all master..." Asura said, his tone unable to contain his nervousness.

Oddly enough, Roku reached over and put an arm around Asura's shoulders. "Well you won't have to." Roku said. "You have nothing to worry about. The burden of this is upon me. I shall be the one to find and seek the truth to this matter." he said without any hesitation. "Asura, if you continue to progress... If you keep doign well as an Iwa Shinobi, then there should be no reason for you to be a threat to the village-- and that person shall have no reason to come after you. "

Asura seemed a bit defensive at that. "What do you mean? I AM a loyal ninja to Iwa. it's my home. " Asura said, memory of Ravana entering his mind. "If this has something to do with Ravana then--"

Roku quickly shook his head. "No. I doubt he is involved.  If so, he would of been the target-- not you or the clan." he said. "But Asura, you don't have anything to worry about. I know for a fact you are an excellent Iwa ninja and loyal to the village. No one in their right mind would deny this. Still, someone has an issue with you and me, so I must address this.  I will handle this and find the ones responsible."

"And then?" Asura stated, fearing he had an idea what would follow. "Master, this isn't something you should do alone. I mean--"

"Asura,' Roku interrupted, his tone firm. "I am telling you this in the hope you will honor my wishes and allow me to handle this. The more people involved, the more this incident can escalate. That said, I wish you to stay out of this. There should be no more reason for you to get involved in this problem and you will be safe. I will address this and handle this myself."

Asura was reluctant and stood up in outrage. "Master-- you cant! YOu can't expect me to sit and do nothing when this involves me! "

Roku finally stood up himself, and looked Asura down into his eyes. "Asura, please... Promise me, you will leave this to me and not get involved." his master asked firmly. "I understand how you feel and I don't blame you-- but right now this situation is dangerous and as your sensei, I intend to make sure to end the threat against my student and me. " he demanded, his tone firm and serious.

"But master--"

"PROMISE ME!" He said firmly, his voice now on verge of anger to show how serious he was, his eyes sharp as daggers.

Asura stopped and saw how dead serious his master was. After a moment, Asura lowered his head and tightened his hands into fits. He wanted to say no, talk back to him... but he respected Roku too much to disagree with him verbally when it came to a matter like this. "Y-yes, Master. I promise..." he said.

Roku let out a breath of relief as he saw the sky again, the sun slowly lowering itself in the sky. However from the east, storm clouds had begun to appear over the horizon. "A storm is coming. We should probably head home. " Roku said.

Unable to say more, Asura knew something was wrong. Though he couldn't bring himself to argue against him. Despite the times he at times disobeyed Roku on small things-- training exercises and plans, this time he was speaking of a life and death. He didn't understand how or why things were unveiling like this-- but something was very wrong inside of Iwa. He knew it for a long time, and now it was effecting Asura and the Jiin clan directly.

Asura followed Roku back to the estate as the thunder echoed in the distance. Still, Asura couldn't shake the fact something was very, very wrong...
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.    Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09 2016, 13:15

Later that night...

The sun had gone down and the sky was well overcast as the sound of thunder rumbled in the distance. It wasn't raining but it possibly would soon enough. He sat in an unusual place, but a place he often went to think-- on top of the Jiin estate's roof as he was sitting on an outcropping of the first and second floor of the oriental building. He enjoyed going up there, as he usually could be left alone to see the same great view of Iwa from up high.

Asura was still torn up after what he viewed the conversation with Roku as an argument. All the trouble, the fact the Jiin was possibly targeted by someone from Iwa-- and Roku forbid him from doing anything. It was not something Asura could do easily. His soul was burning with the desire to find the truth and help Roku-- but he forbid him from doing so. Asura rested with a leg knelt near his chest and the other out, him leaning his arm against his leg as he overlooked the village.

He glared out at the surroundings, trying to figure out in his head why all of this was happening. They had done no wrong to the village. The jiin, as far as Asura was concerned, was loyal to Iwa and never would do anything to be worth being villainized. He didn't understand why it all was happening, and he hated to be asked to do nothing.

"Are you alright, Lord Asura," a friendly voice spoke.

"WHA--!" Asura jumped, not expecting anyone. Turning around, he looked to the window next to him, to see Aki, sticking her head out of it. "Aki! Don't scare me like that."

Aki smiled, but saw the clear agitation on Asura's face. "I'm sorry. Am I disturbing you?" she asked.

"No... no you aren't," Asura said, turning back to look at the view. Part of Asura's heart cracked a bit, metaphorically, as he wished he could confide in Aki about what was happening-- but he knew he couldn't. He swore to Roku that he wouldn't speak a word of it. Aki he knew he couldn't tell or risk getting her in danger. She almost was killed during the bandit attack, and he knew he couldn't risk getting her involved. It would only make him feel worse.

AKi however could see the concern on his face, causing her to worry. "Asura, are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine, Aki. Really," he said, his tone a bit more easy going-- despite it being a complete lie. It was strange to lie so much, even if it was a way of the shinobi to keep secrets. "Just a bit worried about Master Roku. He seems, edgy of late, is all." he said.

Leaning out of the window, Aki looked at the view too. "Yeah, I noticed that too..." she said, having just as much respect for Roku as Asura did. "I hope he will be okay. Did he, say anything when you saw him?" she asked hesitantly.

Asura mentally hit himself, not wanting to tell her. "No... at least nothing I could truly understand. He seemed sad, as much as I could say," saying what truth he could without revealing the details. "He talked about missing his son-- which I can understand. "

Aki nodded, remembering what she learned about the clan's history. Even though a shrine priestess to the Jiin, she was well versed in their history as she was determined to serve them. Including the loss of Asura's parents and Roku's son. "I know. Maybe he just is sad. It's not easy for a father to lose a child-- not that I can compare or anything." she said.

Asura nodded, agreeing wholeheartedly to her.

"I tried to talk to him, but he didn't say a word. He just left and looked so serious," she said.

At first, Asura didn't take any notice to this-- but then as his mind went over her words, he turned. "Aki... what do you mean? Where is Roku now?" he asked, getting up from his sitting position on the roof.

Aki blinked for a moment, surprised by his reaction. "Um... he left about 15 minutes ago. All he said was he was heading into the village. If I recall correctly, I think he might of been summoned".

A sense of dread caused Asura's eyes to widen as he turned to the village. Standing up, he tried to find Roku among the streets. However looking around, he couldn't find him. He could resort to using his Tengan, but it wouldn't do any good-- spying on body heat was not gonna make finding Roku any easier!

"SUmmoned by whom?" Asura demanded, now growing more alert.

Despite Aki's startled expression from Asura's demand-- she tried her best to answer. "I don't know. He didn't say-- but I'm guessing it was important." she said.

Looking once more to the village-- Asura hesitated for a moment. He knew he wasn't suppose to do anything to endanger himself. He knew he promised Roku to not act. Still, something was wrong. He felt it in his heart and every second he restrained himself, it felt as if a knife was carving up his insides.

"Asura... what's wrong?" Aki asked. Coming out onto the roof, Aki tried to take a hold of Asura's arm. "Please, talk to me! I know something is going on. I wanna help if I can," she said, trying to comfort Asura.

Asura's head was down but he couldn't bare to face her. "Aki, I'm sorry... I just can't..." he said, gulping down his pain. "Look, I gotta go. Don't tell anyone I went out, okay? I know I am asking alot but... I just gotta go. I'll explain later."

In a split second-- Asura pulled his arm away-- and vanished in a blur of speed. He used the body flicker technique, leaving Aki alone.

"Asura!" she called out.

However, Asura was no longer in the estate as he reappeared on one of the buildings. Upon landing, he immediately sprinted across to the next, hopping them to find Roku.

I'm sorry Master. I know I promised you... but I can't! I can't stand by and do nothing!
he thought, feeling a pit in his stomach that his master was in danger.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.    Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09 2016, 15:51

Elsewhere in Iwa, Roku slowly walked down the street of Iwa-- heading for the main central building of the Hidden Stone Village. He answered his summons without hesitation and headed right for the main building. As he walked forward, he soon saw the gate-- and two shinobi waiting in guard. They were neither regular shinobi either. They were Deus' personal guards.

Roku stopped before the two masked men. "We have been instructed to escort you to him," the first masked ninja said.

"Understood. Lead the way," Roku said with a neutral tone.

The two ninja soon turned and led the way for Roku, into the main building of Iwa's ninja HQ. As Roku entered-- little did either know they were being watched. Hiding behind the gate, cloaked in his Camouflage jutsu was Asura. The boy was transparent and practically invisible. Roku could probably see through it, but this time he took precautions. This time, he kept far enough away so his master wouldn't sense or suspect him.

Observing from the safety of his jutsu, he saw as the two guards of Deus led Roku further inside. Waiting till they finally turned a corner, Asura began to follow them into the building. As an Iwa Shinobi, he could of walked through the door without issue without being cloaked-- but because the risk of an enemy inside iwa made things more complicated. In the end, he never wanted to break into it, but he couldn't risk being spotted. Just cause he promised he wouldn't get involved, didn't mean he couldn't observe.

Crafty fox.

As Roku and the men were led further into the base, Asura followed, keeping a good 10 or so meters away and still upholding his stealth jutsu to keep hidden. Roku and the two ninjas slowly made their way down a long hallway-- till they reached the end to a dead end. Despite the end, one of the two ninja reached for a wall hanging mask on the wall and turned it a series. Looking from the distant corner, Asura checked it out as best as he could with his eyes. He saw it move like a combination lock-- a half turn to the left, a full turn to the right, a quarter turn-- then pulling the mask back.

At that moment, the wall rumbled and began to open. From it, it revealed a black, dark stairway that went down into the earth. As the ninja gestured Roku to enter, the other ninja walked in front-- Roku following him with his hands courteously folded inside his robe sleeves-- and finally the other ninja walking behind him.

Asura liked this less and less as he had no clue there was a hidden entrance below the building. As they passed from view-- Asura came out and moved silently to the wall-- but soon the wall closed up again quickly, blocking them from view. The ninja came to a halt as he realized his way was blocked. Feeling the closed wall, he could literally feel no seam or physical mean as to how the wall would open.

After a moment of frustration, Asura turned to the mask that decorated the wall. He saw the same actions the shinobi used to open up the wall. He wanted to acted but he began to count it down. He had to wait, to make sure none of the others in the tunnel who enter would notice they would be followed. If that meant he lost track of ROku, his secrecy was more important.

He counted down till 30... then looked around to make sure no one else was around. After which, he took hold of the mask and turned it. Half turn, full turn, quarter turn... and pull.

At first Asura hesitated but with the tug, the doorway opened. The rumble of the ground made him look as he soon saw the stairwell that went deeper into the ground and into the dark. Whatever Iwa had under there, Asura got the sickening feeling it was not there for simple storage. For them to go to great lengths to hide this entrance, it must lead to something they didn't want people to easily find or see.

Taking a deep breath, Asura stepped into the doorway and began to climb the stairs as the wall began to close behind him, soon eclipsing the stairway in darkness. And there he went, climbing down into the depths of the earth. The belly of the beast.
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.    Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11 2016, 14:15

The passage was dark, lit only by a few crystaline glowing stones that lined the wall like reliefs. Luckily, no one else was in the hall. In the interest of conserving his chakra, Asura soon dropped the camouflage effect on his body, returning to his visible state. Roku and the two shinobi were long gone down the passage, so Asura continued down along the wall, his steps silent as he made his way down.

The stairwell went on and on from Asura's point of view. It almost tempted him to go faster down it in hopes to reach the end. It just kept winding down into the earth. They probably well underneath the underbelly of the village. He had no way to tell how deep they were, but all traces of any kind of sound or rushing air was dead inside the tunnel. This is not good... Asura thought, wondering how far down he went. I really hope there is an end to this infernal thing....

For a moment, the thought of him being trapped inside a Genjutsu caught his focus. Stopping for a moment, he took a moment and focused his chakra to his eyes. Opening his eyes, he caused his Tengan to appear-- to be sure he was not caught in some kind of automated Genjutsu. However, as he looked through his eyes, he didn't see anything that suggested this was some kind of illusion. Even with no Genjutsu active on the hallway, it was best for him to now use the Tengan to get a better idea what was down there. He could track body heat from behind the walls and possibly avoid anyone that was coming his way.

Finally, after what felt like a half hour of walking down steps-- Asura found a hallway on flat ground, leading further into the caves. The hallways were rather regular, but the showing of shinobi masks and glyphs were everywhere on the walls. Carvings of strange demonic statures were there, along with some logos of the Iwakure village. Though the halls were narrow, it was difficult to tell where to go-- let alone where Roku went.

"There has to be a way to navigate around this place... but I can't leave any kind of trail behind or risk revealing my presence," he whispered to himself, looking down which of three passageways for him to take. Looking around, he soon saw it-- traces of recent heat activity down the center hallway-- the likely place where Roku might of gone since the steps were fresh. Without hesitation, Asura went after them. As he walked by he made his way down...

... however, he was not aware of one thing. One of the masks he passed-- soon revealed eyes opening inside them, and following Asura. The mask was actually an Iwa shinobi of this place, one skilled in stealth and who was actually guarding the place. Upon seeing Asura in the hallway, he immediately took notice and began to follow him, hidden within the very wall.

Asura continued down the hallway, hoping to follow the trail to find his master-- but soon with his eyes, he saw the presence of two more people, coming from up the next hallway. Realizing he could be spotted, he found a door in the wall and quickly went to it. He opened it up quietly as possible and closed it behind him before the others in the hall would see him, entering the unknown room.

Asura waited against the doorframe, his ear to the wood as he soon heard the footsteps in the cave-- and soon it echoed away, telling him the people there went down another passage. A sigh escaped him as he soon stood up to look where he was...

... and it was then his stomach sank a bit at what he found.

He had wandered into some kind of labratory, desks with papers, beakers and bunsen burners were around the place, spread out wide in a rather large room. What was most scary was the fact he saw vatts of green liquid that lit up the room well. And not all of them were empty. Some had actual people and animals in it, suspended in a type of sleep with masks providing air to them.

All of this screamed one thing to Asura. Human experimentation. His eyes were wide but his breath silent as he saw the experiments there. To him, the thought as any decent person, that human experimentation was a cruel violation of rights-- but here was Iwa, right under the entire populace, doing it in secret.

And it was then that Asura also put the pieces together. On a series of research notes he found on one of the desk-- he found the strange earth-shaped downward arrow logo-- the same kind on the shinobi that attacked Asura the night he ran into Shadow again. Right before his clan was attacked!

"Oh no... Roku was right..." Asura gasped. "This is some kind of conspiracy..."

As Asura was absorbing... it slowly appeared. From out of the ground behind Asura, the shape of the stone began to silently warp, revealing the face of a mask. A white and red demon mask with a wig-like mane appeared slowly rising, the man wearing it dressed in black, sleeveless covert ops clothing. He seemed to rise out of the earth as if he melted into the stone and now was taking shape once more. In his hand, was a tanto blade as he slowly rose up-- attempting to get closer to Asura. Asura was looking at the papers, ignorant to the enemy creeping up behind him.

Fully formed, the man rose the blade up, and soon then moved to stab Asura from behind---

CLANG!!

In a blur of black and red, everything happened in the blink of an eye. Asura was now face to face with the attacker, his Tengan eyes wide with anger as he soon saw the assassin-- both the enemy's sword and Asura's Short Katana now clashing. It all happened so fast as Asura spun and drew out his sword, catching him just in time. A growl escaped Asura, now face to face with his attacker.

"Ah... look at what we have here. A little rat has stumbled into the lion's den." the masked Shinobi hissed almost amused as he pressed his blade into Asura's, trying to overpower him.

Asura didn't reply immediately as he felt the weight of his attacker-- far stronger than he was at present. "Damnit..." Asura growled, irritated he had been found. With a shove with his foot against the desk, he was able to push the attacker back for a second. Though the enemy dove to try and slash his blade again from above, Asura pushed himself back and rolled over the desk-- landing opposite and the enemy stabbing the table.

Finally gaining a safe distance, Asura glared at the masked man, seeing how he clearly was one of the guards stationed here. The man soon rose up, pulling his sword free from the desk as he looked to Asura and Asura assumed his Taijutsu stance-- the Taiken style he created utilizing his sword with the use of Taijutsu.

Damn... I shouldn't of been so distracted by this place. Now I gotta deal with this guy... he thought, and soon saw it. On the man's left shoulder, was the same strange logo. The same one this place and the assassins from before had.

"Such a pity. Your a young shinobi too. What a waste that you'd fall in this place," the man said, almost sympathetically.

Asura grit his teeth for a moment. "H-hold on a minute," Asura said, trying to talk some sense to the masked man before things got ugly. "I did not come here to fight. I am a Iwa shinobi, like you. I came here seeking my master who was taken in here. I didn't come here to cause trouble, so there is no reason for us to fight." he said.

Sadly, for Asura, the man merely cocked his head and laughed in an amused tone. "Oh, I know well who you are, little rat. You are from the Jiin clan, are you not? I know of your clan and true, we are part of the same village. " the man said. "I rather not spill blood either, but sadly, you have come here and you saw this place when you were not invited." The clear chill in his voice made Asura's resolve harden, knowing what he was going to say next. "Now that you have seen some of our secrets, I am afraid I can't let you live, even if we are allies. I have my orders, you understand."

With a flick of his wrist, he flipped his blade in the air for a moment and caught it with ease. "Nothing personal, little rat. You must die-- so let's have a little fun before I end your life, shall we?" he said, almost in a pleased tone.

Asura didn't let his guard down for a moment, not about to allow himself to die here. "Hate to burst your bubble, but I don't plan to die here. But yeah, don't take it personally if you end up being on the receiving end of that threat." he replied.

Still, Asura was now in his thoughts. This was no simple bandit or thug he was taking down. This man was clearly a skilled Shinobi-- and very likely a full ranked one. THat was the only way one could be a part of a secret group of Iwa like this.

Asura was not sure how well he would do against such a strong enemy with the intent to kill-- but he was gonna give him hell.

Enemy: Masked - Deep Ground Shinobi
Official Battle build for reward dice.

Level: Jounin - 83
HP: 515
Stats:
O Strength: 746
O Endurance: 756
O Dexterity: 768
O Intelligence: 2173

Elements; Earth

Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.    Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12 2016, 09:55

The dead silence continued between the two shinobi-- Asura glaring at him with his active Tengan and the masked man no doubt plotting his plan to quickly kill him. This is not good... I'm sure I could easily fight him no problem, but he is far stronger than I am, Asura thought, trying to make a plan as he lightened his grip on his sword. But I can't afford to draw attention to myself with a flashy battle. Most of my Katon jutsu will cause too much noise and I'll bring the whole base coming after me. I gotta do this as quickly and quietly as possible. Just like Roku told me...

Several years earlier... (Flashback)

Asura was in the Jiin training grounds with Roku, having finished up a few simple Taijutsu drills as Roku had used his sword to parry and block Asura's strikes. After a long session of training, Roku had Asura stand and discussed strategy.

"Asura, you are behind enemy lines, and you are to remain hidden-- but you are discovered and must fight for survival," Roku said, testing Asura in his sense of tactics. "How would you proceed?"

At that time, Asura was a young kid, no more older than 12. He smiled confidently and raised his arms behind his head. "That's easy. I'll just use my Fire Ninjutsu to fight off the enemy and win. "

"Fool!" Roku said firmly, causing Asura's smile to fade. "You should never use such tactics against your enemy!"

Perplexed and shot down, Asura frowned and looked to Roku. "But master, why? With the Tengan and special fire techniques, I could beat my opponents easily."

Roku folded his arms into his robes in a sage-like manner. "Asura, the entire point is stealth. You must draw as little attention to yourself as possible," he explained. "If you use explosive and flashy techniques, powerful as they might be-- they will only draw more enemies to you. If you were to do that, more and more enemies would come, eventually wearing you down and overpowering you."

Realizing the error on his answer, Asura rubbed the back of his neck, working out a kink from the training. "So what should I do then?" he asked.

"If you are forced to fight while in a stealth operation, it is important to conserve energy and have your attacks draw the least amount of attention you can afford. " Roku explained, using his own experience to further explain his own advice. "Even if it means not working with your strengths, you must focus on jutsu and techniques that allow you to fight while keeping your presence at an absolute minimum. " He said, and then raised his gaze further, looking Asura straight in the eye-- Asura paying close attention to his master's words. "Remember... A shinobi's strength is never about how strong they are or how powerful a jutsu they wield-- it is about using the right strategy for the right situation. You must be able to fight using your head, and not just the passion that burns in your heart. "

Back in the present...

Asura remembered his master's words then. He knew he couldn't afford to fight as he usually did, limiting his number of jutsu he learned-- but perhaps a few he could use. I am gonna have to try to finish this in one or two blows... any more would risk more attention. he thought, seeing the shinobi begin to slowly advance towards him. Some of my Katon jutsu may be usable, but for now I should resort to my Taijutsu and some Doton jutsu. Eithe way... I gotta give this one my all...

HIs foot slowly began to move--- then Asura sprinted right for the masked ninja, attempting to make the first move.

Charging forward, Asura attempted to use his sword. With a quick dart to the left-- then right-- he then jumped up to the ceiling. The masked ninja followed him with his eyes-- and soon saw the glimmer of Asura's sword-- "Crimson" as he swooped down to try and strike with his weapon.

Asura's Stats:
O Level: 66| Exp:582/6600
O Total Exp Earned: 218142
O Action + Reaction Gauge: 1 & 1
O Ranking: Asura Types Rank = Anbu Jounin
O Shinobi Type: Asura

O Health Pts: 440/440 [440]
O Chakra Gauge: 3158/3188
O Stamina Gauge: 1576/1586
O Soul Gauge: 1738/1738
O Mind Gauge: 100% [Healthy]

O Chakra Control: 100%
O Nature Control: 000 % (Unlocked)
O Bijuu Control: LOCKED

O Strength: 597
O Endurance: 605 (+15 Gear)
O Dexterity: 614 (+45 Gear)
O Intelligence: 1738

Upkeep: Tengan upkeep paid.
Action: Attacking with Crimson Blade (597+35= 632 damage to enemy)
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.    Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12 2016, 10:07

Stats:

Reaction: Enemy blocks with his own sword-- no damage taken.

The masked shinobi was quick to react as he raised his own blade, blocking Asura's strike, a chuckle escaping him. "Kid, you are out of your depth here..." the man said before pushing Asura off with a strong swipe of his blade. Repelling Asura, the man soon made his move.

Rushing forward, he held his sword in one hand, and soon threw a series of Shuriken. The sword strike was a fake-- attemping now to nail Asura with a flurry of Shuriken as now 10 of them were coming after him.

Asura's Tengan went wide as he saw it, and knew soon he would have to act!

Action: Shuriken throw 10 X10 -- 100+768 =868 damage to Asura

Rolling for efffect
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Deity
Deity
Game Master

Post[s] : 2853

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.    Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12 2016, 10:07

The member 'Enjin' has done the following action : Dice

'Battle Dice' : 13
Back to top Go down
http://narutojidai.narutorpg.org
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.    Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 23:35

Mistake made-- Damage caluclation is 768/2= 384+100= 484 from Shuriken attack.

Reaction from Asura-- Block with weapon. End X2 = Blocking with weapon. 605 (+15 Gear) Damage negated. Paying upkeep for Tengan eyes.

Asura saw the shuriken fly for him. Quickly bringing his blade parrallel to his arm-- he quickly guarded with his arm and aimed his blade-- the shuriken meeting the strong metal of his sword! The clang of metal striking metal rang through the room as Asura skillfully deflected the shuriken attack, scattering them around the room as he protected his face and body from the fast thrown throwing shuriken. The storm of the 10 of them caused him to move fast and parry them. Even with his Tengan, the speed of the Shuirken tested his physical reflexes.

Damn it. He is fast, Asura growled. He knew he had to act soon but he couldn't match his skills in raw strength for now. He doubted Taijutsu alone could outmatch him. At that time, he took action. He knew he didn't have that much time, but he had to even the playing field. As he deflected shuriken-- he funneled his chakra from his grip into his blade-- causing his chakra to surge into it and caused the blade to glow.

Asura's sword was a chakra blade he had specially made for his own style of combat-- Taijutsu with the use of a sword that were equal parts Taijutsu and the added edge of a sword. Even if his opponent was significantly stronger, the added boost of his weapon would allow him to strike harder into his enemy. Even if it risked him being unable to attack immediately, his preparation would pay off!

Action used: Flow chakra into Chakra Blade-- Power up to 500. Price- 500 Chakra, 325 stamina.
+ - Iku Chakra - To Flow Chakra - >
> Transfer chakra into object, or body part to give an extra boost in something that is missing.
+ Chakra & Stamina Cost: "X" & Chakra Cost x.65
+ Type: Supplementary
+ Hand Seal(s) + Rank: 0 + C
+ Effect: "X" Into 1 (Nexus) Attribute & Use of Chakra Weapons.
+ Requirement & Restriction: Chakra Control = "X" Amount that can transfer.

Asura's Stats:
O Level: 66| Exp:582/6600

O Health Pts: 440/440 [440]
O Chakra Gauge: 2628/3188
O Stamina Gauge: 1241/1586
O Soul Gauge: 1738/1738
O Mind Gauge: 100% [Healthy]

O Chakra Control: 100%
O Nature Control: 000 % (Unlocked)
O Bijuu Control: LOCKED

O Strength: 597
O Endurance: 605 (+15 Gear)
O Dexterity: 614 (+45 Gear)
O Intelligence: 1738

(Chakra weapon is now 500+ for duration of thread)
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru
Enjin

PostSubject: Re: Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.    Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15 2016, 10:50

Stats:

The masked shinobi saw as Asura blocked his Shuriken-- but it was small potatos next to what he had planned. What amused him behind his mask was the sword he was holding. He soon saw as it began to glow blue with the surge of chakra now visible to the naked eye. "Oh-ho. You have a chakra blade. Very nice skill to funnel your chakra into it," the ninja humored the younger Jiin.

However, he was far quicker than Asura would think-- as right after the Shuriken throw-- he became a blurr and reappeared directly behind Asura. "But that won't save you. " he said with a grim tone as he was upside down in mid air.

With a twist of his body, he spun around and attempted to deliver a fierce kick at Asura-- aiming for the neck where he could inflict the most damage and take him out quickly!

Action used: Fierce Kick-- Taijutsu dmg 150 +746= 896

Dice roll for effect:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.    Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Deep Ground (Jounin Thread Upgrade) + solo Lava Training in first post.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next