Naruto: Path to Jidai
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeJidai IntroRegisterLog in
+ - No Main Story Event - +
+ - Dragonball Z X Naruto Jidai - +
+ -The Ending Goal: 10,000 / 250,000 MF - +
Jidai Site Update: v3.0.1 - +

Chakra training [Q,S]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

Post[s] : 1100

Chakra training [Q,S] Empty
PostSubject: Chakra training [Q,S]   Chakra training [Q,S] EmptyWed Jul 11 2018, 14:13

Reo was in the desert outside Suna. His Jounin instructor had told him to meet him here before the sun rose. That was why the young monk stood on the cold desert waiting for the sun to rise. The sky itself was beautiful at night - with the full moon in the air.

Still, Reo couldn’t help but feel as if he were here for no reason. What was so special that he had to come out into the middle of the desert for it?

It seemed far easier to train and talk back in the city. Eventually the Jounin began to walk towards Reo from the village.

“Follow me. We are headed for a special training ground”

[post 1: 117 words]
Back to top Go down
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

PostSubject: Re: Chakra training [Q,S]   Chakra training [Q,S] EmptyWed Jul 11 2018, 20:01

“ a special training ground, sensei? Why? Is it because my taijutsu skills are impressive? I have worked hard to attain high physical abilities.” Reo said happily as he trotted along. He had been working hard to get stronger as a Genin. The Shadow Clone training was coming in handy.

“Your Taijutsu? No we aren’t going to be training your taijutsu any more at the moment.” The Jounin said with a sigh. “Don’t you get it? You are about to take the Chuunin Exams and you have only worked on your Taijutsu. I know you are just as gifted in Ninjutsu - I’ve seen hints of the ability as you train but… boy, you’ve not practiced your chakra control in the slightest.”

[post 2:120 words]
Back to top Go down
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

PostSubject: Re: Chakra training [Q,S]   Chakra training [Q,S] EmptyWed Jul 11 2018, 20:08

“chakra control? Sensei, I don’t think I understand. What do you mean when you say I haven’t practiced my chakra control. I can perform ninjutsu” Reo asked as his voice rose. Perplexity was not a common emotion for the monk. He wasn’t the most intelligent but he was above average and he didn’t care for things that required a genius to understand.

His sensei sighed visibly and audibly. “Boy, we have a long way to go for you. Okay, before we arrive at the training ground I will explain the basics of chakra control.”

“Chakra control is the ability to use the perfect amount of chakra. Don’t think I haven’t seen you training with your shadow clones. Those are perfect for you because you just pour all the chakra you can into them and poof they come out. The problem is you are using Far more chakra than is necessary. Imagine if you only had to use a fraction of the chakra you currently do? That’s chakra control. Of course, the opposite of your problem is when you struggle to put enough chakra into a technique. In this case, the technique fails to materialize adequately. That’s the easier issue to fix. With you...well? We will be climbing trees.”

[post 3: 209 words]
Back to top Go down
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

PostSubject: Re: Chakra training [Q,S]   Chakra training [Q,S] EmptyWed Jul 11 2018, 20:23

Reo stopped short. “Climbing trees? With all due respect sensei, you just told me that my taijutsu skills were excellent and that we weren’t going to be training my physical skills.”

“Beat, don’t get lippy with me. This is exactly why we need to train climbing trees. It isn’t climbing normally - for this we won’t be using our hands. You will channel chakra into your feet and walk up the tree. Too little and you will fall. Too much..well, too much and you’ll end up falling as well.” His sensei said as he resumed walking. Reo only knew of one spot with trees near suna, though he wasn’t entirely sure why or how the trees existed in the middle of the desert.

That had to be their destination.

[post 4: 129]
Back to top Go down
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

PostSubject: Re: Chakra training [Q,S]   Chakra training [Q,S] EmptyWed Jul 11 2018, 20:30

Reo was correct. They walked the rest of the way in silence and - 10 minutes later - arrived at a small grove of trees. The trees themselves surrounded a large pond of water. It was an area called an Oasis though Reo didnt understand why they existed.

“I’ve already explained to you how this works so watch the demonstration and then practice. “ sensei said as chakra visibly gathered in his feet.

Then, he began to walk up the tree. He didn’t act like he had any difficulty with it. In fact, it looked completely natural and as if he were just walking on the ground.

[post 5: 104]
Back to top Go down
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

PostSubject: Re: Chakra training [Q,S]   Chakra training [Q,S] EmptyWed Jul 11 2018, 20:41

His sensei walked slowly down the tree, turning around so that he was facing the ground.

“ I have important things to discuss with other students but I leave you with one final warning. Don’t use shadow clones while practicing this technique. That jutsu is extremely taxing on your chakra so, while it is excellent for training if one has enough chakra to do so, it does not work well for this drill. All it will do is exhaust your chakra and leave you weakened and unable to practice.”

With that, his sensei walked off. He waved his hand behind him as if to say good luck.

Well, time to get started.

[post 6: 111 words]
Back to top Go down
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

PostSubject: Re: Chakra training [Q,S]   Chakra training [Q,S] EmptyWed Jul 11 2018, 20:47

Reo focused on his feet. Sweat formed on his brow as he concentrated and - to his astonishment - blue chakra formed around his feet. Reo nearly jumped up in glee but stopped himself. A monk must always be composed.

Reo walked forward. Each step felt like he was pulling his feet out of mud. Was that because the chakra was sticking his feet to the ground in a similar way that it was going to stick his feet to the tree.

Reo took a step onto the tree.

His foot smashed the wood. He stick his hands out to try to catch his face before it smashed into the tree but he was too slow.

[post 7: 114 words]
Back to top Go down
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

PostSubject: Re: Chakra training [Q,S]   Chakra training [Q,S] EmptyWed Jul 11 2018, 20:53

Reo’s face smashed into the tree bark and his body flopped to the ground, foot still stuck in the wood. This must be what happens when one uses too much chakra.

Reo released the chakra in his feet and his foot fell out of the tree and onto the ground where it belongs. The bald young monk pushed himself to his feet and began to think. What went wrong? Too much chakra is what went wrong. The question then was how to fix the mistake. It was easy to say that he needed to use less chakra but the actual act of doing so was difficult since he still needed the chakra to form on his foot.

[post 8: 117 words ]
Back to top Go down
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

PostSubject: Re: Chakra training [Q,S]   Chakra training [Q,S] EmptyWed Jul 11 2018, 21:29

Reo began to concentrate on his foot again. He could form chakra there - that was easy. He just needed to form just enough chakra to allow it to appear.

So, Reo formed the chakra onto his foot. Then, he began to slowly let some of the energy ebb away. More. More. Slowly but surely the chakra faded from his foot. Only...too much faded. The chakra vanished from his foot.

Poop.

The young monk (monkling?) began to focus again. This time, he stopped just short of losing the chakra on his foot.

Time to try again.

Reo steppes onto the tree.

[post 9: 101 words]
Back to top Go down
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

PostSubject: Re: Chakra training [Q,S]   Chakra training [Q,S] EmptyWed Jul 11 2018, 21:38

Hours passed while Reo trained. He was able to climb the tree using his slowly wean off chakra method at first. Now,though? Now he didn’t need to do that to climb the tree. The skill was aptly named. It wasn’t just about using chakra but also about being able to sense how much chakra one was using. Reo had always viewed chakra as an on and off switch. He either used it all or nothing. That wasn’t accurate at all though.

It was more like a water faucet. He could adjust the amount of chakra being used depending on the task. This ability would allow him to become a much better fighter and it couldn’t have come any sooner.

[post 10: 120 words.]
QUEST COMPLETE: 25% Chakra control
Total words:1,242]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chakra training [Q,S]   Chakra training [Q,S] Empty

Back to top Go down

Chakra training [Q,S]
Page 1 of 1